13»

Comments

• slackerslacker Frets: 2238
    rogd said:

What the hell am I??

Confused
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rogdrogd Frets: 1514
    I reckon mongrel is about right. Woof Woof!!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6818
    rogd said:
    My Dad was Welsh. My Mum was half Welsh half Chinese. I was born in Germany on a British Army camp. I have a BAOR (British Army on the Rhine) birth certificate. I've lived in England most of my life, apart from Mocambique, Hong Kong, Taiwan and various other out of the way spots.
    What the hell am I??

You can identify as whatever you want to be. Phil the Greek and the house of Hannover claim to be heads of England, so aim big!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2764
    I’m Scottish and I will fight anyone who suggests to the oppsoite

the fact that I don’t live there, never have, was born in London to Londoner parents has got nothing to do with my right to declare as Scottish. 

And thereby get a European passport and free university fees 
    and some Tennants lager
  • boogieman said:
    I'm going to be Catholic, and English, and cross out all references to British.
    I’m putting English. I’m not one of those rabid Brexiters who has a St George flag in the front garden but I think it’s a legitimate right to have the country of your birth down on the census. People are perfectly happy with folk identifying as Scottish Welsh or Irish, so why not. 

The Jedi thing.... meh, it was funny for five minutes, now it’s just looks childish. There’s an option box for “no religion” anyway. 
    Genuine Q - as you’re agin St George flags - do you feel the same about Scotch ppl and Welshists flying their flag?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    boogieman said:
    usedtobe said:
    We don’t feel defined by where we were born or live. I’ve no idea what British or English ‘feels’ like. I know a lot of people do, but we just don’t..
    The wife put British in the end, as we figured it fitted best, out of the available options.
    She put us down as having no religion, which we don’t..
    I’ve no idea how it feels to be English as against British either. I’m not trying to be jingoistic or doing all that “we’re claiming our country back” crap. I was born in England, don’t see why I shouldn’t say that I'm English, that’s all. My passport says I’m British and I’m equally proud of that too. 
    I wasn’t assuming anything, or having a dig. I was just saying I don’t understand it, or know what it feels like. I’m really sorry if it came across, that way. 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10217
    I can’t compete with the edgy angry displays of stuff. I’m out. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    boogieman said:
    I'm going to be Catholic, and English, and cross out all references to British.
    I’m putting English. I’m not one of those rabid Brexiters who has a St George flag in the front garden but I think it’s a legitimate right to have the country of your birth down on the census. People are perfectly happy with folk identifying as Scottish Welsh or Irish, so why not. 

The Jedi thing.... meh, it was funny for five minutes, now it’s just looks childish. There’s an option box for “no religion” anyway. 
    Genuine Q - as you’re agin St George flags - do you feel the same about Scotch ppl and Welshists flying their flag?
    Ah I’m not against the flag at all, just the pillocks who’ve appropriated it as a symbol. 
  • usedtobe said:
    I’ve no idea what British or English ‘feels’ like.
    It just feels "right" - only true Englishman fully understand it.

Bye!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22862
    If I'm asked my nationality I say British.  But if somebody asks if I'm English, I say no, Welsh.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5854
    Can we have VanHalien?
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24806
    Is there an option to identify as ‘European’ or ‘Remainer’? Asking for a friend....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scottyproscottypro Frets: 23
    Well I am English and WAS proud to be, not now though, the way this country is at the moment it is rather embarrassing.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    I don't think you need to specify whether you're proud of what nationality you are on the census, it's not an outlet for people's expression. National pride or national shame is largely moribund, it doesn't matter and it holds a lot of things back
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom