Putting a looper in a mixer

What's Hot
Hmmm, not sure that is a good title. 

Mixer is a Behringer XR18 and everything is working as it should but I just can't get this bit to work.

I want to send all the current mixer inputs (Voice, keys, drum machine) into my looper (EHX 2880) and back into the mixer to then go out to main monitors.

The looper input is connected to channel 9 and output to 10. I have grouped the keys, voice, DM to a bus output to channel 9. Nothing is getting out though. The looper output to channel 10 is working.

I've put a loop on and cycled through pre-eq post-fader etc. Still nothing. 

Any help. I'm not on FB btw so can't access that group. I know it is possible. What am I missing?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You need to send your bus to an aux output and then that goes to your pedal input.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jackiojackio Frets: 147
    You need to send your bus to an aux output and then that goes to your pedal input.
    Yes, thanks @LightB4sound. I was just coming here to hope that no-one had answered. It suddenly occurred to me that using an input as an output was unlikely to work....

• No worries! Glad you have it working! 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7034
    jackio said:
    You need to send your bus to an aux output and then that goes to your pedal input.
    Yes, thanks @LightB4sound. I was just coming here to hope that no-one had answered. It suddenly occurred to me that using an input as an output was unlikely to work....

Ive had a looper working with my XR18 - the annoying bit is the AUX sends are all XLR out, so I needed an xlr to jack plug cable to get it working (well actually two as I was running in stereo). Just make sure the looper input channel isnt part of the aux send mix or you'll get a large volume build up.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    I managed to find one @mrkb fortunately. A pain I agree.

Well that worked. Great fun. Good headphones, good keys, good looper, good mixer, good mic. First time used like that and will do tomorrow. Thanks
  • Nice one!