Virgin broadband price rise

What's Hot
jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12406
Our Virgin broadband has been £37.50 per month for yes now. Last month it was dropping out in the daytime, not good for working at home
Anyway I rang them I they said an engineer was on the case as problems have been flagged in the area. Day later and all good, we get an email "sorry you've been having problems etc, it is now fixed and no extra cost the WiFi has been upgraded in the area" new bill this month- £40 FFS.... 
"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4935
    I just negotiated a deal for £25/month for my 200 Mb connection.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12390
    Very surprised your price has been steady for years, every virgin BB contract I’ve had has a built in price rise every spring. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    I know we just had a price increase. We were one of the first cabled areas in the country which was great at the time but Virgin ran into problems because it became old/ obsolete cabling prone to problems. I think that's largely sorted now. 
    We have up to four people working/ studying from home at once so undoable without decent broadband. When that's no longer the case I might look at cheaper options. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10444
    My Virgin bill has gone from £20 to £26 over the last 2 years. I just have the cheapest BB they do and it's fine. How fast you receive data is determined by the server you're connected to so there comes a point when faster broadband speeds are pointless for most everyday tasks.  
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Ours has gone up a couple of quid too. it's still only £32.50 (100mbps) which is as cheap if not cheaper than most we are able to get. it's more of a hassle to change so if they can lock in £32.50 when my contract is up in may, then I'll likely stay. 

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    First class customer service comes at a price.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4935
    First class customer service comes at a price.

That is almost amusing!
  • seems every year i do the merry dance of calling them up to cancel and speak to their "retention dpt" to renegotiate a deal. Im still paying over the odds, £35 month but its a decent service.
  • LogieLogie Frets: 444
    I've just junked SKY for Virgin Broadband and I'm impressed so far. The 60mb SKY Fibre coverage throughout the house was terrible but so far this is a marked improvement for about the same price ( package bundle )