1954 Les Paul Wrap-around tailpiece Stud angle?

What's Hot
Hi Guys,

Just a question i've been curious about for so long. On 1954 les pauls, was there a set degree angle between the 2 studs for the wraparound tailapiece?

Some seem to have quite sharp angles like so:
 Top wrap no bridge  My Les Paul Forum

And others with a hardly non existent angle:
2006 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul 1954 Historic Reissue R4  OHSC MINT -  ATB Guitars Ltd

Was anything to do with, Monday Morning do a proper job 5 to 5 on a friday afternoon Do a rush job, Flat wound strings, The sharper the angle the better the intonation because of the string lengths?

Thank you in advance for helping answer something that has bugged me for years!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• koss59koss59 Frets: 868
    Can’t answer your question on them being different on vintage models but you have a vintage and a reissue pictured there and I assume they changed the modern ones to intonate better with round wounds.

Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1511
    This is the angle on my 1954 Goldtop

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 409

What a fabulous guitar Phil.  
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1511
    Thanks Pete.  It's had a few changes through it's life.  It's been refinished (which is pretty obvious), and I feel the neck has been shaved a bit, but I can't really see anything (though I haven't used a blacklight on it).  It was also my cheapest guitar, as it was a gift left to me in a good friend's will.  It has a great sound and absolutely nails the tone on Another Brick In the Wall (more than my playing can!).