Monitor stands

What's Hot
Just invested in a pair of KRK Rokit 5 monitors, they sound brilliant but I need to raise the height of them by about 6 inches or so. 

Any decent but affordable stands I should consider?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33958
    Mini desk stands?
    Look at Isoacoustic.
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 324
    Stands ought to be solid so that they do not shake (even minutely) nor pick up and transmit bass from the speakers. For 6 inches I'd find a spare brick or two or a small concrete block. Add some sorbothane hemispheres between the stands and the Rokits and you will be all set.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8120
    Whistler said:
    Stands ought to be solid so that they do not shake (even minutely) nor pick up and transmit bass from the speakers. For 6 inches I'd find a spare brick or two or a small concrete block. Add some sorbothane hemispheres between the stands and the Rokits and you will be all set.
    Big fan of sorbothane, I have four isolated layers of different density damping my turntable.  

I did what Whistler said above, my daughter painted the bricks gold (spray can), looked quite funky and fun!

if you want proper floor stands, I have a few spare sets of Attacama stands sat in the garage doing nothing.  I have Nexus 5i stands, and proper welded steel Attacama stands. 

These Sorbothane anti vibration pads are popular with fellow Hifi buffs.