What do people use to pack a hole?

What's Hot
I'm trying to fit a push-pull pot to a hole previously for a CTS pot - I have some mm to pack.

Was thinking of using shrink wrap... suggestions?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7145
    edited March 2021 tFB Trader
    A rubber O-ring works well. You need to get one with the appropriate inside and outside diameter.

(hat-tip to John East for this)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    In the past I have used the small rubber sleeves that fishing tackle shops stock for anglers to use on their floats.  Some seem to be perfect size for the hole size difference 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73238
    A CTS push-pull pot :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• davrosdavros Frets: 1378
    You can just get a long thin strip of card and wrap it around the post a few times until its big enough. Drop of superglue or skinny bit of tape will hold it in place
  • tanihhiavlttanihhiavlt Frets: 659
    As a South paw, I can't seem to find a C500K CTS, I'd need to buy two pots and transplant the C500k gubbins into the push/pull 

Cheers for the suggestions:)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73238
    As a South paw, I can't seem to find a C500K CTS, I'd need to buy two pots and transplant the C500k gubbins into the push/pull
    Yes, that does make it very much more difficult.

In that case I would look for some 3/8" OD, 5/16" ID (the sizes of the hole and the pot bushing) plastic tubing, and cut it to the length of the top thickness.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Have a look for model makers tube.  Comes in various sizes and is made so they'll fit nicely inside each other, e.g. a 6mm tube will fit in a 7mm tube, so useful for making bushings where a hole is oversized