Wired headphones

What's Hot
hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
edited March 2021 in Studio & Recording
I’m looking for a pair of reasonably priced wired headphones (small phono jack) to be used for home practice. My current pair are ancient and I don’t think they are doing my ears any good whatsoever

Can anyone give any recommendations etc? 
Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33958
    Beyer DT’s are good.
    Do you want open or closed back?
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    edited March 2021
    octatonic said:
    Beyer DT’s are good.
    Yeah I think I do. By the way I’m looking at sub £100. It’s only for practice etc 
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 324
    octatonic said:
    Yeah I think I do.
    I am so glad you made it clear which type you want.

+1 to octatonic's recommendation.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jackiojackio Frets: 147
    I use closed back for home practice so the sound leakage and annoyance to others is minimised. Open back are supposed to be even better for sound quality.

I have a pair of Audio Technica AT50's which are excellent. And around £100
  • notsopronotsopro Frets: 235
    edited March 2021
    I'm no expert, but I'll vouch for the Audio Technica's, I have a pair M30's and they were well under £100, and for home use more than do the job, my partner has AKG K240 MKII, also around £50 and both seem to do the trick for what we use them for, which is just bit of silent playing at home, and both come with the small phono jack, and the larger attachment.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    notsopro said:
    I'm no expert, but I'll vouch for the Audio Technica's, I have a pair M30's and they were well under £100, and for home use more than do the job, my partner has AKG K240 MKII, also around £50 and both seem to do the trick for what we use them for, which is just bit of silent playing at home, and both come with the small phono jack, and the larger attachment.
    Sounds perfect @notsopro thanks
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 854
    edited March 2021
    I like the AKG240Mk 2s actually at the cheaper end. I actually have a pair Im no longer using (since yesterday).   I have some AKG702s as well, which are now relegated to practice from mixing (replacing the 240s) as I have got some Senny HD650s for main mix duties.  Wasnt thinking of selling - but if your interested.  Given the new price though postage may not make it worth your while I guess - an option though.

Alternatively Audio Technicas ATH-m series are pretty good.  The 50 is the standard but slightly over budget - the 40s though are still decent.