So my whole 2 delays (one reversed one regular) thing has come to an end...

Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
I've moved from two Boss DD7's to a Flashback X4. I was intending to just use the SPACE model with the feedback cranked, in order to approximate an extremely atmospheric tone, in order to replace my digital+reverse delay tones.

But actually, something odd.... the reverse mode on the Flashback X4 sounds kinda... kinda different. I don't know what it is, but it cuts through supremely well. Meaning I don't feel the need to back it up with another delay... meaning I can get much much much closer to our songs, just using a single preset on the FBx4.

Very odd though. Must be something internal to the algorithm, or the toneprint; something we peons don't get access to tweaking.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4165
    I've been using the X4's reverse too, it's great,
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    All the flashback delays cut really well I think.

A lot of people seem to hate it, they say it "sits on top of the sound" rather than in it, I quite like it. Looking for another flashback now.
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 938
    The TC Electronic Tone Print Editor is available to download, not sure if youbcan tweak existing toneprints though.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10106
    It's funny the reverse thing ain't it ???

Sometimes it seems to work for me, and others it doesn't... I've come to the conclusion that
    it works better at certain BPM... dunno why...

I'm getting into the reverse on my Lightlab Goatkeeper Trem - it is incredible...
  • Drew_fx;20284" said:
    I've moved from two Boss DD7's to a Flashback X4. I was intending to just use the SPACE model with the feedback cranked, in order to approximate an extremely atmospheric tone, in order to replace my digital+reverse delay tones.

But actually, something odd.... the reverse mode on the Flashback X4 sounds kinda... kinda different. I don't know what it is, but it cuts through supremely well. Meaning I don't feel the need to back it up with another delay... meaning I can get much much much closer to our songs, just using a single preset on the FBx4.

Very odd though. Must be something internal to the algorithm, or the toneprint; something we peons don't get access to tweaking.
    Funny, you said you loved the TC Nova Repeater reverse mode, too. Which is different to others I've heard.

And I hate it. :D

Nice one though!