Singing

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6810
    Snags said: he
    @darthed1981 there's quite often a point where Mark starts to look a bit frantic, and then there are three way bemused looks between me him and Jon, whilst you and Mike resolutely look everywhere other than actually at someone, and @Bridgehouse keeps checking his phone.

It works, it works.
    I’m putting a Mary Spender cardboard cutout behind me at next jam, then he’ll be staring in the right direction. Still won’t get Mike to finish the song though (needs a power cut for that!).
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    mrkb said:
    @darthed1981 there's quite often a point where Mark starts to look a bit frantic, and then there are three way bemused looks between me him and Jon, whilst you and Mike resolutely look everywhere other than actually at someone, and @Bridgehouse keeps checking his phone.

It works, it works.
    I’m putting a Mary Spender cardboard cutout behind me at next jam, then he’ll be staring in the right direction. Still won’t get Mike to finish the song though (needs a power cut for that!).

You could just get Mary to come, come on mate put some effort in ;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    mrkb said:

It works, it works.

You could just get Mary to come, come on mate put some effort in ;)
    Easy tiger, blimey
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Snags said:

The problem is, you don't hear yourself the way others do - perhaps you ought to try recording. Makes quite a difference when you can hear your own mistakes.

This ^^

It's also an absolute horror show (well, I think it is) the first few times you hear your recorded voice back, and takes some getting used to. Particularly before any EQ etc. is applied.

I quite like singing, but don't really have the voice for a lot of the songs/styles I'd like to do (even stuff I write myself), which is a bit of a bugger.
    Totally know how you feel with that one.

In an ideal world the music I'd make would be fairly hardcore blues but I just don't have that powerful, rough, raw blues voice required. Even if I tried hard to simulate it, it would just sound like a bad attempt.

So I just make music that fits with what my voice can do. Some genres just need a naturally amazing voice to work.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    thegummy said:
    Snags said:

The problem is, you don't hear yourself the way others do - perhaps you ought to try recording. Makes quite a difference when you can hear your own mistakes.

This ^^

It's also an absolute horror show (well, I think it is) the first few times you hear your recorded voice back, and takes some getting used to. Particularly before any EQ etc. is applied.

I quite like singing, but don't really have the voice for a lot of the songs/styles I'd like to do (even stuff I write myself), which is a bit of a bugger.
    Totally know how you feel with that one.

In an ideal world the music I'd make would be fairly hardcore blues but I just don't have that powerful, rough, raw blues voice required. Even if I tried hard to simulate it, it would just sound like a bad attempt.

So I just make music that fits with what my voice can do. Some genres just need a naturally amazing voice to work.
    My voice seems to suit country best, which is just as well because I enjoy listening to and singing country.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    I often think about the incredible coincidence required to have a voice that is suitable for your ideal taste in music. Like, what music would Freddy Mercury have made if he'd had a voice like Leonard Cohen? Or if Nina Simone had a higher pitched voice
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    edited April 2021
    I quite like singing, and I am average at it, but my voice is way out of practice. I used to sing in a touring choir as a kid, and my mum was an opera singer, so I know how to sing technically, but jesus it's hard work and disappointing when you've not done it for a long time. I'm doing a track at the moment, and all that is left is the vocal. Each take is absolute crap! Really annoying. 

to be able to simply open your mouth and belt out a cracking vocal is such an enviable gift and so under rated by so many people. Never mind the actual performing bit! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited April 2021

WTF

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    It occurred to me that the bain of most people who sport their genitalia outside of their body, compounded and reaffirmed from the people who sport their genitalia inside their body is that 'You can only sing if you can sing like this'  (Certain frequencies that are out of reach for most people who sport their genitalia outside of their body).  So I challenge that notion, I reckon hardly any of those people who sport their genitalia inside of their body nonces can sing like Ann Wilson in her day.

And my conclusion is 'At least we're not orange'
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock