Luthier tools

What's Hot
Hi all, we are a precision engineering company who have just started to manufacture quality luthier tools in the UK. Currently we can offer Fret rollers, fret rockers, side tuner drilling jigs, and we're adding to the range all the time. If this is of interest to you please head over to www.dousemachining.co.uk and get in touch.....

Andy
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28106
    Hi Andy

BRILLIANT.

Finding a good source of decent tools is an oft-recurring question here.  It'll be great to  have someone here in the UK who can machine these precision tools.  Fed up being reliant on StewMac with all the fun of import duties, et al!

I imagine you'll have a good deal of interest ...

(And welcome to the forum)

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    That fret bending jig on your site looks fabulous @Tooledup ;

• TooledupTooledup Frets: 0
    TTony said:
    Hi Andy

BRILLIANT.

Finding a good source of decent tools is an oft-recurring question here.  It'll be great to  have someone here in the UK who can machine these precision tools.  Fed up being reliant on StewMac with all the fun of import duties, et al!

I imagine you'll have a good deal of interest ...

(And welcome to the forum)

Thanks Tony! We've already had a very positive enquiry...... I'll keep the forum updated with new items as they become available. We are also open to enquiries for one off bespoke items too......
  • JazzthatJazzthat Frets: 163
    Great idea ! 
    I have tried to talk with my bosses about making that  , but in the end they weren't interested in . Too small profit and market .

I have made quite a few luthiers  tools myself on CNC machine . Some of which I have shown here .
    Latest fret bender is beyond any profit and has been described as ' work of love ' by few forum members  :)

Good luck and looking forward to see your list of tools .

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28106
    Your fret bender truly was a labour of love, and a work of (functional) art @jazzhat.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • JazzthatJazzthat Frets: 163
    TTony said:
    Your fret bender truly was a labour of love, and a work of (functional) art @jazzhat.
    Thanks again @TTony ; ! 

I'd love to see more tools like it available to buy though . 
    Someone , like @Tooledup , if he is truly into making luthiers tools  , I reckon this can be  achieved .
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17027
    I would love to see a UK equivalent of some of these.

https://elevatelutherie.com/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    WezV said:
    I would love to see a UK equivalent of some of these.

https://elevatelutherie.com/

We're currently working on a fretboard dot centre jig, rolling pin sander, and long reach clamp.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8869
    I’d like to see a fretboard radiusing jig
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    A steel or Ali neck relief beam that takes a standard plunge dial gauge would be easy to machine and very popular i reckon.   The Stew Mac item is such a pricey option over here.   
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1564

Hi Andy - good to see you on here (and with morning-walk photo's the right way round!!!). I wish you luck with your endeavours, and if you happen to have a fret-tang nibbler in the works, please let me know.

Cheers,

Adam (fellow 633 owner)

Hi all, after an overwhelming response, we are now out of stock on the fret rollers! We'll have more ready to go in around a weeks time..... Thanks to you all for your interest, support, and sales so far