Low feedback buyer on ebay. Am I being paranoid?

I sold a guitar on ebay last night and the buyer has only 1 feedback on their account, although the account was created in 2019.
They paid instantly via Paypal and I messaged them today to ask for an email and mobile number to pass onto the courrier in hope that their reply would give me a little more faith that it's not a scammer.

Their reply was perfectly friendly but I had a quick google of their email (gmail) and phone number and got no results for either of them.

I don't know if i'm being overly cautious about it i've had issues with paypal before and i'm posting it 250 miles so it's not exactly easy to chase up if anything dodgy happens.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5369
    You wouldn't find anything out about me by Googling my mobile number, and not a great deal by Googling my Ebay account email. And I've had the same mobile number since about 1997 and my Ebay account since the late 90s early 00s, although largely inactive for years now.

Is there anything else to send alarm bells? They might just have signed up recently precisely to buy things like your guitar ...
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    make sure you package it super well, insure the delivery and 100% make it a signed for delivery and take photos of serial no or any identifiable marks.
  • Phone him for a chat.....you’ll soon tell whether he’s genuine or not 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Works both ways.

My wife has just set up an eBay and PayPal account for herself. A couple of bottles of perfume were sold, although after some issues I’d had with non-payers, she was a bit concerned she would face the same. And not get paid.

However, both buyers paid immediately, and eBay immediately blocked the payments for up to 21 days because she’s a new user.

• LewliganLewligan Frets: 544
    Wouldn’t worry about it. Every eBay account had low/no feedback at one point.

Just take all the usual precautions, and get pictures/a video during the packing process in case you need to claim on the insurance.

Make sure you get a picture of the serial number if applicable, and a picture of the delivery label secured to the box.
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1559
    Phone him for a chat.....you’ll soon tell whether he’s genuine or not 
    Yep - and if you are at all hesitant, just say it is to check the buyer’s details.