Advice: A company / luthier who would be interested in building a custom (extended) bass guitar neck

Hi all
I am really hoping you could point me in the right direction...

I have an ESP 6 string bass.  It has a bolt on double truss rod 35 inch scale neck.
I am trying to find someone who would be interested in building me a replacement neck.
Something similar but around a 40 inch scale.

I tune ultra low (not metal) using a great uk company - NewTone's custom made super heavy guage strings.
You could suspend bridges off these things! lol
However i am keen to experiment with lighter guages at the same tuning.
The extended neck would enable me to do this.

I appreciate there would issues and challenges sfor example 'neck dive' - problems balancing the instrument, but that is not really a concern as its for studio use and only to demonstrate the concept.

Once i fully understand the results, if satisfactory, then the longer term goal is to have a full custom bass made.

I am aware of Kalium in the USA but for various reasons I am not intested in their products.

If any of you could point me in the direction of persons or companies that might be interested in such a challenge, I would be eternally grateful as i am based in N Ireland UK and have not been able to find such a luthier here.

Regards

Michael

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments