Who can do a good swirl?

What's Hot
Evening all

I was recommended Richard Fay to do a swirl job on my bastard Ibanez, but he’s not taking on new work for a bit, so I’m in the market for someone else. 

Is there anyone else? Richard’s work looks stunning, and I don’t want to compromise. 

Any ideas/recommendations? I know Sims do it, but shipping to and from (plus they’re pricy) seems like a non starter. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeanSwirled..  £300 plus postage...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 735
    DeanSwirled..  £300 plus postage...
    Maybe the photos are bad, but they don’t look up to the standard of Richard Fay (?)

Any others out there?
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8884
    tFB Trader
    Imo, both look very well finished. I’ve picked two bodies in the same colour scheme to compare. 

https://i.imgur.com/InzXiJ4.jpg

Perhaps if Dean took a few shots like Richard (inside and next to a window for reflection) you’d be able to compare them better. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Imo, both look very well finished. I’ve picked two bodies in the same colour scheme to compare. 

Perhaps if Dean took a few shots like Richard (inside and next to a window for reflection) you’d be able to compare them better. 

Thanks - That’s incredibly helpful. 

Without realising, that’s the difference. 

I’ll message Dean and see if I can get my guitar done. 

Cheers!
    tFB Trader

Thanks - That’s incredibly helpful. 

Without realising, that’s the difference. 

I’ll message Dean and see if I can get my guitar done. 

Cheers!
    I’d have faith in either of them. Their pics look great to me but I’m a massive sucker for a swirl. Good luck, I hope you get sorted 
  • rjb2679rjb2679 Frets: 1
    It's just hydro dipping isn't it? Would it not be easier and cheaper to diy? 
    tFB Trader
    rjb2679 said:
    It's just hydro dipping isn't it? Would it not be easier and cheaper to diy? 
    No, it’s a different process. 
    Good lord ... me DIY’ing it sounds like a bad time. 

Work to your strengths...
  • I tried it.. it's rock hard... water temps, surface area, indoor dust free space... plus practice...

consider the base colour before you apply the swirl colours.. it does matter..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

tFB Trader
    I tried it.. it's rock hard... water temps, surface area, indoor dust free space... plus practice...

It’s not the swirling part that can cause issues necessarily, it’s sealing the swirl in with a properly sprayed 2 pack clear coat. 
  • I tried it.. it's rock hard... water temps, surface area, indoor dust free space... plus practice...

It’s not the swirling part that can cause issues necessarily, it’s sealing the swirl in with a properly sprayed 2 pack clear coat. 
    I was referring to the overall outcome of the colours..  a white base colour can certainly help the swirl colours jump out and maintain their own vividness.

My trading feedback