Stop the world I want to get off....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    I have fuck all. 
    And I bet you had to work very hard just to achieve that much. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Since having a kid, I have boundless amounts of happiness welling up within me. I want another, but the wife doesn't want her cooter to be a train tunnel.

I keep feeling like I wanna flog the house and buy a farm. But I hate farm work, so I'd definitely need some farm hands to do it all whilst I just sit around making choons all day.

Bye!

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    phil_b said:
    I have fuck all. 
    Kind of. Thing is you need to be in a pretty comfortable position to be even thinking about things like this.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Since having a kid, I have boundless amounts of happiness welling up within me. I want another, but the wife doesn't want her cooter to be a train tunnel.

I keep feeling like I wanna flog the house and buy a farm. But I hate farm work, so I'd definitely need some farm hands to do it all whilst I just sit around making choons all day.

Money's changed you.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10413
    I quite the idea of living in a trailer park. There's a few near me that back onto the water with a nice view. The basic sums are something like 40K to buy the thing then £350 a month ish to live there. Once I'm too old to gig living in one of those from April to September will do me fine, the rest of the year I plan to live somewhere a lot warmer. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788

My parents used to know a couple who had a big camper van, not as big as some of those american things, but bigger than an old VW.

They would spend their summers parked up in Exmouth (and probably one or two other towns in the area) and then when it started to get cold they'd drive to Portugal for the winter.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Since having a kid, I have boundless amounts of happiness welling up within me. I want another, but the wife doesn't want her cooter to be a train tunnel.

Money's changed you.

That's funny Dave. I wanted to respond with "what money!?! lol" and then just leave it there, but actually I think this deserves a serious response.

To my mind, positivity and working hard and building a life for myself has changed me. I was close to topping myself when I was 18. Lot of ups and downs in the last 18 years, and a lot of two steps back one step forward kind of action, and a lot of self analysis and reflection and planning, and scrubbing plans, and getting my hair off at not achieving, and then regrouping and replanning, and then being thrown curve balls and having to deal with them.

But I'm in a good place right now. The wife isn't working full-time since being made redundant because of covid. Money isn't super tight, we're not living day-to-day. But we've had to tighten our belts. She went off and got a part-time cleaning job whilst she figures out what she wants to do. She's scrubbing a multi-million quid penthouse apartment in central London today. Now those people have money!!

Not despairing and deliberately forcing myself to think in positive ways despite my natural inclinations, coupled with a supportive wife, has been at the root of my thinking for the last 5 years. When I found out the wife was pregnant, I was terrified. I could've bolted. We even talked about breaking up and her moving to Japan. I was really struggling to handle it. But I stepped up to the plate, gave myself a talking to, and I'm where I am at.

I don't have money. I have a mindset. That's basically what I wanted to say.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    phil_b said:
    I have fuck all. 
    Kind of. Thing is you need to be in a pretty comfortable position to be even thinking about things like this.

Just a pipe dream