SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Marshall 'Pointer Knobs'

FatfingersFatfingers Frets: 501
Hi.

I'm after a couple of Marshall 'Pointer Knobs,' for my JCM 800 combo. They're the ones that look very like all other Marshall gold-capped control knobs, but they also have a little pointer sticking out from the base.

Thanks,

Will.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1507
    edited July 2014
    People seem to buy the old SS amps from the time that had them, swap the knobs for non pointer ones and then sell them on. I am guessing if it is worth going to that trouble then they mush be rocking horse poop :)
  • custom1981custom1981 Frets: 8
    edited July 2014
    I have three different types all with the pointers and all original marshall. 
    can you do a pic of what you need and I will see if I can help
    also how many do you need and what color do you need.

• FatfingersFatfingers Frets: 501
    Hi Custom 1981. I need two for a 1984 JCM 800 1x12 combo. I'll snap a picture later this afternoon.
    Hi. They're 15mm tall, 19mm diameter at the base (excluding the pointer) and roughly 15mm diameter at the top, where the vaguely gold coloured cap is.image
  • I have only got one of that type and it is silver not gold , are you sure the ones you have are gold or are they silver picking up reflections of gold from the control panel ?  you are welcome to it if you want it, just P.M me address and I will send it to you 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74470
    I always thought this was a clever way for Marshall to subtly admit that the MV control on a JCM800 goes from 'off' to 'Concorde' in about 0.01 of a turn, so you need to be able to see that precisely where it's set.

:)

And yes, they are quite hard to get.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

That is pretty much how the MV works. It does sound ace though. I've ordered the bits to make a Dr Z Airbrake clone in an attempt to tame it a tad.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    edited July 2014

@Fatfinger - My mate has an online shop of spare parts and there's some Marshall stuff on there but I'm not sure they're the ones you need.

http://www.solsound.com/products.php?cat=Knobs&sub=Amplifier&subsub=Marshall

edited July 2014
    Hi Kebabkid

Thanks. I've had a look but can't see them. Custom1981 has kindly offered to send me one, which means I only need one more!

Cheers,

Will.