Hotel Showers.

What's Hot
Are they designed so the bathroom floor is always flooded?

I'd have thought they'd worked this out by now.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    It depends on the hotel and it depends whether it is a wet room.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 844
    My mum always said that James Bond's superpower was that he could instantly work any hotel shower. Steps in, turns it on and bang, perfect temperature - no blindly pawing at the unlabelled controls unsure whether to he needs to turn them 1 inch or 1 foot.. 
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    It's the bloody clingy shower curtains that piss me off
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    You lot need to stay in better hotels!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4982
    Perhaps you need a bigger umbrella?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    As long as they aren't 'golden' you'll be fine.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12359
    From what I’ve seen the price of the room doesn’t dictate the pressure available in the shower. The pressure makes all the difference. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22822
    I don't have a working shower at home so hotel showers always seem something of an adventure.  And they generally seem to work quite well, I'd say.

I did stay in one hotel a few years ago where the shower turned out not to work, so I had to use the bath.  It was a weird tiny little tub with a sloped bottom - in effect it had a "shallow end". 

It was amazingly uncomfortable, even for me, and I'm very small - I don't think a bigger person could have used it at all.   Maybe it was actually a bidet...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    Wet rooms, urgh.

I know instead of partitioning off one part of the room where the shower is we'll leave it all open and let every single fucking surface get wet.

Who (amphibians apart) wouldn't want that?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405
    We always request a room with a bath, why anyone wants to stand up under a jet of water when they could relax back in a bath chugging beer and wine beyond me. 

Last summer though in that period we weren't locked down we went to Brighton for a couple of days and stayed above a pub in The Lanes. One morning my wife turned on the basic tap to brush here teeth and the whole top of the tap came off in her hand and mains pressure water spurted out like a mofo. Luckily we had just had breakfast in the room so there was cutlery to hand meaning I could grab a table knife and use it as a screwdriver on the first isolator I could find and turn the water off. 
    When I went downstairs to inform the manageress she said, Oh, really, it did that last week as well ! 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6683
    Jalapeno said:
    It's the bloody clingy shower curtains that piss me off

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    Danny1969 said:
    We always request a room with a bath, why anyone wants to stand up under a jet of water when they could relax back in a bath chugging beer and wine beyond me. 

Whereas I can’t stand baths, give me a shower every time. Who wants to sit in a warm solution of their own sweat, wee and poo particles?  :s

Wet rooms can fuck right off though. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    boogieman said:
    Who wants to sit in a warm solution of their own sweat, wee and poo particles? 
    You've seen the taps for hot and cold water, haven't you?

I'm with you, though. I've never seen the appeal of sitting in a bath. Quick shower, emerge all clean and fresh and get on with the day.