Cellulose rattle can without primer or sealer, issues?

I'm putting together a Strat, lefty Swamp ash body, righthand routed, Right hand CBS neck, custom pickguard, I want the paint (satin black cellulose rattle can) to sink into the grain, will there be any issues spraying direct onto bare unsealed, unprimed wood, I don't care if it chips and relics quickly......
Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 17500
    it will work, but it will be very sunken, especially on swamp ash.  you better  make sure your prep work is absolutely spot on because the paint will also sink into every single sanding scratch too
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3132
    tFB Trader
    I'm not sure it will look all that good either. I seem to remember trying this, and quickly realising it just looked like a garden fence that had just been stained... Plus as Wez says, you'll see every imperfection in the wood, no matter how slight.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17500
    edited July 2014
    I would at least do a couple of light coats of sanding sealer first.   don't worry about it filling the grain slightly, it wont..  with ash its a real pain to get the grain filled completely anyway - so that is in your favour here
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3222
    OK thanks!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll