I've decided to write an album

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Hootsmon said:
    AlexC said:
    I like it. Reminds me of some latter day Mike Oldfield - which is meant as a compliment as I’m a fan of his.
    And the swells of keyboard all the way through brought to mind some of Moby’s ‘Play’ album.
    All round great job I’d say!

It reminds me of Stars on 45
    Ah. Not your thing then :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The latest 2 tracks are really personal and will start the album.....as long as the flow of the music works, I've decided to arrange the tracks in the chronological order of when the events/inspirations actually occurred.

In 2014 my wife had a miscarriage and up to that point, we'd named the little dude Garbanzo since it looked like a small bean. We found out that there was no heartbeat at the 12 week scan and so this song is about the initial excitement of the pregnancy through to that moment when everything shifted.

We had to go to see a consultant for the required procedure and once that was complete and analysis had been completed on the foetus, he told us that there was nothing untoward in terms of the biology - its was just nature doing nature's thing. His advice to us was to book a holiday and 'get back on it'...!! We'd already booked a holiday to Jamaica to get away from it all, and when we went we didn't realise, but Helen was already pregnant with Erin. So 'Stowaway' is all about us taking that trip with Erin along for the ride. I tried to capture the sunny island vibe with this, and a sense of upbeat happiness as a counter-point to Garbanzo.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    This song was originally inspired by watching my son, who utterly idolises his older sister, having to get used to her choosing other friends over him in some situations when it came to playing games or just spending social time. Its still hard for him, (he's only 5), but that journey has started and he'll find it easier as he gets older. They still spend more than enough quality time together.

It then morphed a bit into a reflective tune about how we all lose friends or family as we move through life, or perhaps when relationships end. I struggled a bit with the tune until I added the vocal samples, which took a lot of manipulation to suit the vibe I was going for.

I've been spending a lot of time on other things recently, but have eventually got round to completing this new song that I've been working on for a while.

Its a guitar instrumental piece all about the times that I end up holding hands with my daughter. Sometimes for happy reasons, sometimes for support and sometimes just because.....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hey, some cool stuff here.  Holding Hands really carries that feel you're aiming for nicely - joyful, upbeat.  I like the combination of melodies and licks.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2764
    Great to see and hear from you and your project (and your family) again :)
    Hey, some cool stuff here.  Holding Hands really carries that feel you're aiming for nicely - joyful, upbeat.  I like the combination of melodies and licks.
    sev112 said:
    Great to see and hear from you and your project (and your family) again :)
    Hey, thanks both. The guitar tracks seem harder to compose then synth based ones for some reason, but I'm really happy with this one. Thanks for listening