KWS - not sure about the new album ( Kenny Wayne Shepherd content)

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16453
edited July 2014 in Music
From the product description on amazon, track 10 is rather putting me off:
1.Palace of the king
2.Everything's gonna be alright
3. I love the life I live
4.The house is a rockin'
5.Breaking up somebody's home
6.You done lost your good thing
7. You can't judge a book by it's cover
8. Boogie man
9. Looking back
9.Cut you loose
10.Born under a bad sing
11.Still a fool
12.Three hundred pounds of joy [bonus track]
13. Can you hear me [bonus track]
14. Trick bag [bonus track] *
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16453
    edited July 2014
    FIXED
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Haven't heard it yet, but he's playing at The Assembly in Leamington later this year, and I'm pretty tempted to get tickets (well a ticket, Mrs DJ isn't keen).
    The joke was the track called Born Under a Bad Sing. Oh well. Didn't know he had UK dates - googles- Leamington would be nearest for me but I already have my good behaviour pass used for November ( Joanne Shaw Taylor and Bernie Marsden).
    Where's the Bernie Marsden gig? (To lazy to google)
    JST and support from Bernie at Birmingham town hall.
    Turns out i'm not that lazy after all. Brum Town Hall...hmmm
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    For a minute, I thought this was a thread about the 90s dance group - Please Don't Go and all that.
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    Who's KWS?
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    Who's KWS?
    Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

Long haired blues wonderkid from a few years ago that grew up and got his hair cut.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Album isn't his best... But isn't poor. Saw him play some of the tracks including most of his "greatest hits" at the O2 Academy a couple of months ago. Picked up the new album at the gig as it was a week or so before the release date. Collaborations with warren Haynes for breaking up somebody's home and Keb Mo for born under a bad sign.
    Album isn't his best... But isn't poor. Saw him play some of the tracks including most of his "greatest hits" at the O2 Academy a couple of months ago. Picked up the new album at the gig as it was a week or so before the release date. Collaborations with warren Haynes for breaking up somebody's home and Keb Mo for born under a bad sign.
    So @EreforGuitarGear would you recommend seeing him live? I'm only a casual fan, but he's playing near me so I'm tempted to go. 
  • @not_the_dj Yes without a doubt. Even though Noah pranced around like a fairy and seemed a bit of a twat... KWS had Chris Layton on drums, never thought I'd see a member of SRVs band play live! And KWS's guitar playing was awesome and his tone... Well experiencing that was worth the price of admission.
    Oh cool, didn't realise Chris Layton played with him. The only CD I have of his is Live On, I keep meaning to get more but never have. Think I'll book myself a ticket.
  • TPReggieTPReggie Frets: 22
    edited July 2014
    Yeah the wife and I are driving up to Leamington Spa to see him in November, I love his playing for starters apart from that stupid "rock" album he did, but I have to confess that a portion of the pull is to be able to say I have seen 1 of Double Trouble playing. The tickets are only £22 so well worth it compared to some gigs I have been looking at recently.

KWS is of course, very, very SRV influenced and has a lot of similarity in his style - probably one of the reasons I like his playing. 

10 Days Out was for me one of my favourite albums of his, so awesome to see and hear some of those old bBlues boys and girls doing their thing in their 80's and 90's.
    edited July 2014
    having made an arse of the original post I thought I'd tidy it up a bit. See, now it's hilarious...
    :o3

I watched Kenny's rig run down a while ago - I just remember there being a lot of strats!

I bought Ledbetter Heights (spll?) when it came out but I never loved it and then he did some sort of grunge thing and I was onto other things. My  new band ( well, rotating group of people) have a couple of his songs in the set so I have been rediscovering him a bit. There is that SRV influence in there ( and Chris Layton on drums)but he hasn't gone the let's so how many notes we can cram into a 12 bar in Eb route or the lets make up some crap about mojo hands and get to the solo as quick as possible route either like some of the post SRV players. He has employed a proper singist and plays some melodic songs with some nice little twists on classic blues/ blues rock.