NPD

What's Hot
mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I did manage to somehow acquire a VOx Satchurator from this here forum thingummybob.

Having a little play (it was almost literally 10 mins) so far I'm very impressed.

So much for being GAS free......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    I remember trying one of those and liking it too. I suppose Satch has been around long enough to know what works.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    I think it's some kind of modded DS-1
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I have a DS-1 among (many) others, I shall have a little test (probably not to scientific) to see which pedals are similar in sound.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Oh, and it plays very nicely with the EVH wah....

• JonathanIsaacJonathanIsaac Frets: 4
    edited July 2014
    Don't praise it too much... I will regret selling it :)

I found it had a seriously clear mid-band, very articulate. Would jump out on recordings.

I didn't know the DS-1 connection but now it has been mentioned I can see similarities. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Yeah, didn't have much time to play, but I'm impressed so far.

It's easy to get a DS-1 sound from the Satchurator, so in those terms, yes it's very DS-1 like. There's so much more to the Satchurator than a DS-1 clone/modded clone.

There's a whole load of non DS-1 sounds available.

• vizviz Frets: 11043
    Will we be hearing it at a jam any time?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    mike_l said:

It's easy to get a DS-1 sound from the Satchurator, so in those terms, yes it's very DS-1 like. There's so much more to the Satchurator than a DS-1 clone/modded clone.

I think it's what Satch uses on his pedalboard in place of a Keeley DS-1 so there must be some similarity.

He actually uses the Wah, Delay and Satchurator on his live pedalboard. I've never seen him use the Ice-9 though. 

I suspect you will Mr Viz.

I'll let you try it so at least a decent guitarist will have played through it that night........

mike_l said:

I think it's what Satch uses on his pedalboard in place of a Keeley DS-1 so there must be some similarity.

He actually uses the Wah, Delay and Satchurator on his live pedalboard. I've never seen him use the Ice-9 though. 

I compared it to a standard DS-1, and found it similar, but with a load more variation in sounds available. I (sadly) don't have a Keeley DS-1 to compare it to, but I can imagine it's very much along the same lines as a Satchurator.

• I love these. Not tight enough for my rhythm playing, but the lead sounds are amazing.

Great for general rocky rhythm too - just not for my modern brand of noise. Real shame, nice looking thing too.

Agreed, the Satch is a great pedal for leads stuff, there's better available for chunky, palmmuted rhythm chugs.

A fav sound (into a clean amp) is tone and gain on 10, with some delay and wah. Fannytastic rock lead sound.

Maybe I'll try a DS-1 for rhythm, and the Satch for leads.

*-:) :-B