New audio kitchen pedal FPT

What's Hot
razorblade_beatrazorblade_beat Frets: 56
Hey guys anyone picked up one of the new fake plastic trees pedal by Audio kitchen? Interested to know how anyone is finding it or if they’ve picked one up!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    Sounds good. I have a TBT and a combover but will probably pass on this. If it was a cheaper Flying Squirrel I’d be more tempted. 
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    Ooohh I've wanted a 'Big Trees' for ages, defo interested. It's pricey by the looks of it though... Maybe I should get a big trees after all?

Will see what my bank account says. 
  • Mine arrives tomorrow!

I shall report back.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DoveholesDoveholes Frets: 137
    Mine arrives tomorrow!

I shall report back.

How is it? I used a TBT for the first time this weekend and was really impressed.
  • @razorblade_beat @Moe_Zambeek @jellybelly @Doveholes ;

My FPT is now for sale if any of you fancy trying one at a lower price.

It's really ace, but it has dawned on me recently that I'm not an 'edge of breakup' kind of player, which is what this pedal excels at. I generally play clean or heavily distorted and now get my gain from my Rockerverb mk3 (an absolute revelation).

Might accept an offer as I have my eyes on a 212 to go with the new Rockerverb. 
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    @Hattigol over to you
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    Ah interesting - the high gain stuff wasn't what you were after? 

I was actually in the middle of successfully convincing my wife about TBT, as I think it would get used as an amp, but will certainly consider this...
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    edited August 2021
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4259
    Just received Struan's FPT today. It is quite something, I have to say. This does about the best effect of an amp really cooking that I have heard. Quite ratty and raucous, not that fake smooth overdrive you get with some pedals. Very different on the wound strings, dig in there and you get amazing crackly overdrive. Really good dynamics, can set it to play soft and clean, then I think really transforms when you dig in harder. It goes well into Neil Young, amp falling apart territory. Wasn't sure if I would end up keeping it, but it's highly addictive.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNine said:
    Just received Struan's FPT today. It is quite something, I have to say. This does about the best effect of an amp really cooking that I have heard. Quite ratty and raucous, not that fake smooth overdrive you get with some pedals. Very different on the wound strings, dig in there and you get amazing crackly overdrive. Really good dynamics, can set it to play soft and clean, then I think really transforms when you dig in harder. It goes well into Neil Young, amp falling apart territory. Wasn't sure if I would end up keeping it, but it's highly addictive.
    Glad it went to a good home!

CloudNine said:
    I just received Hatigol's FPT and am having a similar experience. Despite the size and expense of the thing, I'm loving it - such a joy to play through.

Now I really want to try The Small Trees. Let me know if anyone has one they'd consider parting with!
    Does anyone have any experience of pairing the FPT with a boost. Just wondering if there were any recommendations for a great partner to drive it more.
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 178
    Quite fancy trying one of these myself now!
    Doveholes said:

Now I really want to try The Small Trees. Let me know if anyone has one they'd consider parting with!
    One of these popped up on Reverb last week, as luck would have it.

This quote from the Guitar Magazine review (https://guitar.com/review/audio-kitchen-the-small-trees-review/) is a solution I had been looking for to tame my Orange OTR120 head and I can attest that it works wonderfully. So now I can just turn it off to kick the gain in.
    "Another option is to use The Small Trees as an attenuator. This may seem counter-intuitive, but cranking a valve amp then reducing the signal level using the pedal produces excellent results. The tone retains its clarity and vibrancy rather than going dull or plunky ± as always, a treble bleed capacitor helps."