SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

No longer wanted - My Revival Trem for your Magma57

What's Hot
edenfield99edenfield99 Frets: 349
edited May 2021 in FX £
Anyone fancy a swap??? Mine has velcro but is boxed and in great condition. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• edenfield99edenfield99 Frets: 349
    Bump
  • dcgdcg Frets: 230
    Don't do it!  Just keep the RevivalTrem and buy a Magma; I bought the Magma first, and realised I also 'needed' the RevivalTrem.  However, long story short and after exploring both pedals fully, I've split my pedalboard in two, and now have two very different voices of both drive and trem/vibrato...building one's tone around a drive/trem pedal seemed counterintuitive, but worked for me.  I don't believe any Origin pedal can disappoint, and in most cases are transformative...Simon Keats and co are deffo national treasures.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • edenfield99edenfield99 Frets: 349
    dcg said:
    Don't do it!  Just keep the RevivalTrem and buy a Magma; I bought the Magma first, and realised I also 'needed' the RevivalTrem.  However, long story short and after exploring both pedals fully, I've split my pedalboard in two, and now have two very different voices of both drive and trem/vibrato...building one's tone around a drive/trem pedal seemed counterintuitive, but worked for me.  I don't believe any Origin pedal can disappoint, and in most cases are transformative...Simon Keats and co are deffo national treasures.  
    Maybe you’re right. I build my tone on the drive side of the revivaltrem so it’ll change that. I might need to rethink (and save up). 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    @dcg is right. Both the RT and the Magma are fabulous pedals - although, to my ears, the Magma needs something in front of it to push it slightly. I use them as alternative drive options and love them both.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • jacklawteyjacklawtey Frets: 284
    If it's the vibrato side of the Magma that you're after, keep your eyes peeled for a Big Tone Music Brewery Maggie. Rare as rocking horse shit but it's closest to the real thing. I feel confident saying this as.. I compared it to the real thing. Also STEREO! 
  • gatheredinsonggatheredinsong Frets: 652
    edited May 2021
    I always wanted a Maggie. @jacklawtey ; you inspired me to check Big Tone's Facebook page and apparently there is a new one on the way! https://m.facebook.com/pg/bigtonemusicbrewery/posts/
  • jacklawteyjacklawtey Frets: 284
    I always wanted a Maggie. @jacklawtey ; you inspired me to check Big Tone's Facebook page and apparently there is a new one on the way! https://m.facebook.com/pg/bigtonemusicbrewery/posts/
    Fuck, great find! I just sold mine when I bought my Magnatone and then kind of.. regretted it. 
  • Hopefully some of these new ones make it over here. That said, the Magma does sound pretty great too.