Foot stomp box advice

lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
I'm thinking about getting a foot stomp box similar to this https://www.andertons.co.uk/logarhythm-prolog-foot-stomp-prolog?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=surfaces&gclid=CjwKCAjwkN6EBhBNEiwADVfya5iwfT2-_jEyJFMP51FrXrG4vxFnxTn0Y9ECYYHJwyf0L46OCaAJHxoCwT4QAvD_BwE

There are quite a few on the market but I don't know anything about what is good or what to avoid. Can anyone advise?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I used to have one of the early logarhythm boxes, it was good fun. I changed to a Roland spd one wav so that I can play samples looped as well as percussion sounds and drum beats. The thing I prefer about the digital samples as opposed to the piezo pickups is the consistency of tone and volume of the output. I have heard some good things about the Ortega boxes like the horse kick pro.
  • vinnimunrovinnimunro Frets: 1
    I'm sure you can't go wrong with any pre-made one. If you're looking to save and already have soldering stuff then you might have luck building your own as I'm pretty sure they're just a wooden box with a passive piezo and an output jack. Something like this.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4989
    If you plan on building one yourself, don't bother with a volume control.  
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum