I feel really sorry for this guy, but ......

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7344
    Snags said:
    Everything you need to know about bitcoin

https://threader.app/thread/1391309574762795009
    Not sure I understand this. There are certainly coins that do absolutely nothing and everything he said is correct. Ones called 'Pube' etc. However others are actively being worked on and have functions. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7293
    jdgm said:
    Then there is the Welsh guy who binned his hard drive with Bitcoin on it -

I binned a hard drive with something like 0.1 bitcoin on it. Was way back in 2010 or 2011 when a whole bitcoin was only wirht about $20 or so.At that point there weren't really many online exchanges where you could keep your wallet so you ahd to store the whole block chain on your local drive and I didn't transfer it to my new drive because it was big enough to take uyp a significant portion of the disk.

I dont really kick myself about it though as I never really put anythign in and even if I had kept the wallet im sure I would ahve cashed in long before the current highs.

I speculated a bit on ripple and cached in as soon as my gains were enough to buy Komplete so Im damn sure I wouldnt still be holding it now

:)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7293
    Kilgore said:
    skunkwerx said:
    I still dont know wtf bitcoin is. 

Is it like the new gold or something except digital? How does that even have any worth whatsoever? i dont get it. 

It's difficult for people to identify with.

It doesn't have the same romance, spirit of adventure or sacrifice as panning for gold in the Klondike.

Of course very few people made a fortune from the gold. Mostly it was the middlemen and the people who supplied the food, tools, whisky and girls who made the money.

Maybe there's a lesson in there somewhere. 
    Part of the current graphics card shortage is being chalked up to bitcoin miners so I think there's something in that idea for sure. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    jdgm said:
    Then there is the Welsh guy who binned his hard drive with Bitcoin on it -

I binned a hard drive with something like 0.1 bitcoin on it. Was way back in 2010 or 2011 when a whole bitcoin was only wirht about $20 or so.At that point there weren't really many online exchanges where you could keep your wallet so you ahd to store the whole block chain on your local drive and I didn't transfer it to my new drive because it was big enough to take uyp a significant portion of the disk.

I dont really kick myself about it though as I never really put anythign in and even if I had kept the wallet im sure I would ahve cashed in long before the current highs.

I speculated a bit on ripple and cached in as soon as my gains were enough to buy Komplete so Im damn sure I wouldnt still be holding it now

:)
    That's the thing. I was thinking I should have started looking in to bitcoin back in whatever year when CEX started letting to pay for games with it, but if you bought it at $1 whats the chances you'd still be holding it now? As soon as it got to $100 I'd have been thinking wow 100x. No way I would have thought it would get to 60,000x.
  • pogulpogul Frets: 25
    Speculation is weird - I just don't/can't think like that. I mean, you might as well go round buying distortion pedals in the hope that one day they'll be gold dust like a Klon Centaur?!
    pogul said:
    Speculation is weird - I just don't/can't think like that. I mean, you might as well go round buying distortion pedals in the hope that one day they'll be gold dust like a Klon Centaur?!
    Looking at the state of the used guitar market I think that's what people are doing.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom