PSA: Ian Wright Documentary about abusive childhood

What's Hot
JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
A grim watch, but it is very good.
Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6682
    How do we watch it? What platform? 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    iPlayer /BBC
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2526
    I thought it was good too. Lucky he had Mr Pigden in his life really.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3840
    Yeh, really well done. I was gripped.
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Extremely good. I’ve always thought he was brilliant with kids whenever he’s done stuff with them on tv. Now I know why. Just feel for all the people in similar situations that haven’t got the willpower or high personal drive to prosper after such experiences.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7324
    Is this the one from a while ago where he meets his teacher at a football ground? I've only seen that clip but I liked it. 
    My mum was less than nice to me when growing up, but when I got to GCSE my music teacher would let me stay after school and play guitar for as long and loud as I wanted in a classroom. He'd teach me stuff and play Chopin for me on the piano, he once heard my Dream Theater CD and came in and played along without ever hearing it before. 
    I once linked this tape recorder type thing to a guitar amp and then that to a keyboard amp, blew the tape thing up and he just laughed and asked if I'd been experimenting.
    He got back in touch when I was in my 20s and asked me in to his band, so we still see each other.
     I recently thanked him for everything he'd done for me, and for never once trying to molest me despite all the unsupervised time he'd spent with what he knew was a vulnerable child haha.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I didn't like him when he first turned up playing for Crystal Palace and then early Arsenal, he seemed to get into punch ups a lot on the field! I like him later though with Arsenal (even though they were the enemy!)

Years later he turned up on Talk Sport with Adrian Durham and I loved him! He seemed such a genuine, down to earth honest person, and every opinion he had on anything was right on the money! 

I might watch the doc, but to be honest I find that sort of thing rather depressing. I end up getting very angry over bad, abusive people.