SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: SC Relics Tele Body

dindudedindude Frets: 8539
Bargain price as the Vintage White relic job is great but the base body is a bit British Leyland and therefore compromised:

Neck joint has the sticky out bit on the treble side that is “period correct” but to a higher level than I’ve seen before, liveable but you need to know it’s there.

A standard Fender pickguard doesn’t seem to fit without compromise (I.e. some bits seem to close to the edge).

The best fit I could make means that the screw holes for the control plate had to made too close to the route (see pic).

The Jack plate hole has been chewed up.

A bit of plugging and re-drilling and shaving of a pickguard could make it work, as could a Jack plate instead of usual Tele cup arrangement.

I don’t really want to answer a million questions on this, so offering at a bargain price for someone to take on and make use of, a this is less than a 1/3 what I paid for it.

£95 posted.

Thanks

https://i.imgur.com/vCCOhXC.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretboredFretbored Frets: 60
    Pm'd
  • FretboredFretbored Frets: 60
    Thank you very much for answering my questions. Regrettably I'm not going to be able to take you up on this one.

It looks like a great project, and is at a bargain price. I don't expect that it will be here long!
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    No problem, thanks
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    Hi 
    Whats the weight ? and what is the wood ? and what do you mean by the base body is a bit british Leyland ?
    cheers
    Mark
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    Sold