New Prs Archon 50

What's Hot
StevepageStevepage Frets: 3047
https://guitar.com/news/gear-news/prs-archon-2021-combo-head/

Glad to see these back again. I loved them but they were very expensive. These seem to be around the £1000 range
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I like the Archon model on the helix and I do like the videos I've seen of the real amps, this is good news!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Been after one for a while but they don’t come up often secondhand 

The original 100w was £1700-1800 and was hand wired. They’ve changed the valve type but provided they’ve not messed with the circuit I’ll be ordering one 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    edited May 2021
    Been after one for a while but they don’t come up often secondhand 

The original 100w was £1700-1800 and was hand wired. They’ve changed the valve type but provided they’ve not messed with the circuit I’ll be ordering one 
    Were the originals made in the USA?  I haven't seen a close up enough image of the rear of the new model to check for a microscopic MIC label, but imagine they'll be made in the same plant as the Sonzeras this time around?

Not that it matters of course, I'm just trying to get the new pricing in context.
  • StefB said:
    Been after one for a while but they don’t come up often secondhand 

Were the originals made in the USA?  I haven't seen a close up enough image of the rear of the new model to check for a microscopic MIC label, but imagine they'll be made in the same plant as the Sonzeras this time around?

Not that it matters of course, I'm just trying to get the new pricing in context.
    Yes the originals were USA built. This new version is made in Indonesia 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    Looks like it's finally landing:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/prs_archon_50_head.htm

£920, not too shabby
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3047
    Andertons had one before last Christmas. Didn’t get a chance to try it out unfortunately 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    Already at £849 street price. I’m going to have to try one of these soon, the HX model of it was killer on both channels