Combo to Head Conversion

What's Hot
lateralus462lateralus462 Frets: 11
edited May 2021 in Making & Modding
I've just pulled the trigger on a 4 x 12 cab that I'm picking up tonight which means I'm finally going to have to get around to building a head sleeve for my LC50. I'm super happy with the amp and it does all the things I need it to do and it sounds great through it's vintage 30, but when it's plugged in to a 4 x 12 it just sounds better.

I'm thinking of doing something a little bit diferent with this - mainly trying to keep the amount of Tolex to a minimum because I hate applying the stuff!! - Just wondered what people thought of the design, it's meant to be inspired by the woodgrain ends on old (and some new) synths, old games consoles, hifi stuff etc.  - not sure it's a good one, but it's an idea!!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72333
    If you hate tolex, why bother with it at all?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    If you hate tolex, why bother with it at all?

I never said I hate tolex  - just hate applying the bloody stuff. That amp does look stunning though!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom