NPD's

Mark_RMark_R Frets: 79
Read an article in Guitarist about pedal board design and placement of effects in a chain and it got me thinking.  I have a line 6 floor pod, which is great, I can mix effects and chuck in amp models but what it lacks, is the ability to change the order of the effects.

Let me put it like this, I spend my time practising my technique rather than getting that right tone out of the amp.  14 years playing and all I have to show for it is two Berhinger overdrive pedals and the floor pod.  

Need to change that, so bought a Nano Big Muff on Monday, stuck that into the HR1 head and wow, that fucker has balls.  Placed the Berhinger Blues Overdrive in front and it barks, swapped the order and the Muff totally dominates.  This was totally new to me, never even considered the effects of two pedal (or more, bought a Boss Distortion/Overdrive pedal to add to the mix tonight.

I am having fun, the Nano Big Muff at £49 is a steal, steal body, metal switch gear and sounds amazing.

Looking to get a Chorus next, other than the usual Boss Super Chorus, anyone got any other pedals that I should look at?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Barber electronics. Reasonably priced. Built like a tank and they sound fantastic!
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    MXR stereo chorus is fantastic!
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I have a MXR Microchorus. Very simple to use (1 control knob), and a fantastic souding pedal. If you want to use it in an FX loop, it doesn't have much headroom, so may not work properly in the loop (didn't on my Marshall DSL)

I also have a Digitech Multichorus. A little more complex (4 control knobs), but a very versatile chorus. Plenty of headroom for use in an FX loop if you want.

Don't discount the Boss chorus pedals, they're popular for a good reason, they sound good.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Mark_RMark_R Frets: 79
    Thanks, as this is going to be my first Chorus pedal I will probably source one from eBay or the forum classifieds.  Will keep an eye out for either the MXR or Boss.  If I like it then I might reach out a little further and get something boutique like the Barber.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    Or even further....

Way overkill but it's an interesting pedal nevertheless.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Pedals are fun it's best to have lots of fuzz drive phase distortion chorus and delay lots of delay. I think I would get really bored if I didn't mess with pedals. Belle Epoch and Echorec are my current faves they continue to blow me away.