Jenny Lewis

hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
edited August 2014 in Music
I've got to admit that I'd not heard of her before listening to a local radio station that was playing her new single as their song of the week. These two songs I think are great, with the first video being quite cool too, (I love Anne Hathaway anyway, but she looks great as a guy!!). An album I'll be buying for sure:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ElxElx Frets: 412
    edited August 2014
    Who's the keyboard player?!!...my type of woman.. :)
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    That's Anne Hathaway, she of acting fame. Along with Kristen Stewart on guitar, (she of Twilight movies), and Brie Larson on bass.
  • ElxElx Frets: 412
    That's Anne Hathaway, she of acting fame. Along with Kristen Stewart on guitar, (she of Twilight movies), and Brie Larson on bass.
    Thanks. I am obviously out of touch with the latest developments in the celebrity world :)
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    I mostly prefer her time with Rilo Kiley, but the first couple of solo albums have some good stuff on, I wasn't quite so thrilled with Jenny and Johnny

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    The more I hear, the more I love her voice
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    edited August 2014
    Heard her solo albums on spotify, a few years back and was really impressed. One of my favourite tracks is with Elvis Costello as Paul_C posted above. Also this Rilo Kiley track stood out for me She also appeared as vocalist on The Postal Service album called Give Up. Definitely worth a listen if you haven't heard it.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16424
    I listened to the first track and thought very Sheryl Crow. No idea how typical a track that is but t'was her voice as much as the song. Certainly in that AOR ballpark.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5883
    @hubobulous

I'm the same as @Elx

I wouldn't have known who they are to look at, is the Drummer also an actress? I'd not even heard of Jenny Lewis before either. She's good though and they're all gorgeous ain't they?

:)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    Yeah, I have no idea on the drummer. But, she's probably been hired for the video cos she's not so talented, good looking, charismatic, rhythmic or popular as the others.

...that's drummers though huh?
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5883
    Yeah, I have no idea on the drummer. But, she's probably been hired for the video cos she's not so talented, good looking, charismatic, rhythmic or popular as the others.

...that's drummers though huh?
    Yeah, just curious, I thought they'd gotten an actress for each band member or something. The names I recognise (Ann Hathaway and Kristen Stewart etc), but it wouldn't have clicked who they were from watching it.

Ta!
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    edited August 2014
    google says she's Tennessee Thomas, daughter of the always superb Pete, so the same lady who's drumming, along with her Dad, in the Carpetbaggers video above (and below)

apparently she was in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, so she's an actress too.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16082
    absolutely hopeless when Deano left
    tae be or not tae be