SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gibson SG junior SOLD

What's Hot
John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
edited June 2021 in Guitars £
Following my recent post about regretting selling guitars I might regret this and struggle to replace it so a trade/px would be very welcome.    An SG special or standard from 1965 or earlier would be ideal but small guard only, or a late 60's/early 70's strat would be cool.  Happy to add or accept cash either way.   For a straight sale £2500  £2400  would be a fair price.

It has had a superb body and neck refinish but the front of the head is original, pickup is a mojo p90 and the bridge is a mojotone.

Happy to send a ton of pics to anyone interested and I would much prefer to deliver or meet up than risk postage but we can talk about it.

https://i.imgur.com/FcUE9c6.jpg

A couple of people asked about the neck width - it has the full size neck, this was made before they introduced the smaller neck.
SOLD
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    bump - any 60's/70's strats or 60's 2 pickup SG's out there?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30916
    If you fancy a perfectly wonderful AC10 Twin 1964, I'm all ears.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Gassage said:
    If you fancy a perfectly wonderful AC10 Twin 1964, I'm all ears.
    Thanks - I'm sure it is wonderful but I have more amps than I can use or even store at the moment.
    Bump - I'm driving down to Northampton area on Saturday so I can deliver/meet in the midlands if that helps.
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2284
    Sweet axe. 
  • St_HubbinsSt_Hubbins Frets: 189
    Very nice. Can't beat a vintage SG Junior
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks chaps - it is very nice and I'm happy to enjoy it while I look for a special or strat.

Here are a few more pics if anyone wants to see more

https://imgur.com/gallery/NwV0cYr ;

• photekphotek Frets: 1463
    This looks lovely!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump - lots of very interesting trade offer but a cbs strat or sg special are still top of the list.  
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    Of all the guitars I’ve had, the one that I truly ahould have held onto was an all-original ‘62/63 SG Jr. These things absolutely sing.

Once I start building again I hope to focus on these, SG Specials, and other “designer” G-types.
  • Of all the guitars I’ve had, the one that I truly ahould have held onto was an all-original ‘62/63 SG Jr. These things absolutely sing.

Once I start building again I hope to focus on these, SG Specials, and other “designer” G-types.
    Getting increasingly uncommon to see a completely original one as the price of every other Gibson/Fender of that era goes up people get very tempted to get most of the way to the unattainable, right body shape woods and most of the construction method. It’s why so many goldtops have been through burst conversions.

I don’t necessarily miss the ‘65 I let go on here, but it was a great guitar. More versatile than people who’ve never played a junior would think. They get you working those 2 knobs like a fiend :-p