Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Trent Guitars

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27953
     it’s a lot of money for a guitar that can’t be tried out until it’s built. 

I only buy guitars that I can try before they've been built
    :D

Joking aside, I (think I) know what you're getting at, but then people often say that they tried 10 LPs before they found "the one".  There's a lot of variability in what many people perceive as a "standard" guitar.

Ironically, Trent Guitars are likely to be more consistent than one of those standard make/models off a production line, because of the attention to the quality of the raw materials.  If a piece of timber isn't good enough, Elliott doesn't use it.  Whereas F/G just put it on the "solid finish" production line.

but most people will have no idea of the neck profile, fretwork quality etc. 
    Watch the review video that Nick & I did a few weeks ago.  Neck profile is a bit subjective, but the fretwork quality  was - objectively - perfect.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi Elliott - Not sure that I can add much that hasn't already been said, but I am still loving my Tele 90 Trent so here are my thoughts.

I have some sales and marketing in my back ground and in my experience, generally, it is a numbers game, the more marketing you do, the more leads that you will get and the more opportunity to convert to sales.

Exposure is key, so use all that is available to you on an economically sensible basis. Facebook, guitars in the hands of reviewers (You Tube), feedback from owners, a great website, guitar shows, magazine adverts.  If jams become a thing again (and they will IMO), bring some guitars along and maybe investigate the possibility of a pop up display at some guitar shops (perhaps with collaboration from tfb to include amp / pedal makers)

The idea of adding some different finishes in photo's on your website is good as it shows people the art of the possible and is part of the - 'I like that and could see something similar in my future sales hook. Well worth looking into, as is the idea of a collaboration. i.e. special finishes available to your own specification by the well known and respected guitar finisher XXXXX.

@markblack - I quite like the mock up, shows what a left field Trent could look like - perhaps a bit less extreme :)

Make a big play on any USP's. As well as the water based thin finishes, would it be possible to highlight other environmental concious aspects. perhaps offering straps make from recycled ocean plastics with a donation from each purchase ( you are in Poole after all), or maybe a 'blue marine foundation' (other ocean based charities are available) model 1 that could do the testing circuit and then be auctioned off with proceeds to the marine charity?

As you know from our previous discussions, my view of the Debut is that it should be a pretty fixed spec (albeit, the finish needs to be a Model 1 option as it is great IMO). It would be great to see it back to back with similar P90 guitars on You Tube - preferably by someone who is a fan of P90's. (and can actually play - so not me!)

I also agree that you have done incredibly well in the time that you have been producing guitars and, your interest, enthusiasm and desire to receive and act on feedback are a real credit to you.

Just some of my thoughts - Keep up the great work.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think they look great and with the Debut model it’s quite amazing that a customer can get a handmade guitar with a number of spec options for a similar price to some MIM Fenders.
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    wesker123 said:
    Lend one to Youtubers like That Pedal Show, Mary Spender and perhaps Pete Honore. 

Send one to Guitar Magazine. I think Chris Vinnicombe is on this forum @chrisv ;
    We’ve already been in touch and there’s a review sample (hopefully) on the way soon. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TrentGuitarsTrentGuitars Frets: 1746
    tFB Trader
    chrisv said:
    wesker123 said:
    Lend one to Youtubers like That Pedal Show, Mary Spender and perhaps Pete Honore. 

Send one to Guitar Magazine. I think Chris Vinnicombe is on this forum @chrisv ;
    We’ve already been in touch and there’s a review sample (hopefully) on the way soon. 

There is indeed!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17877
    tFB Trader
    chrisv said:
    wesker123 said:

In for a treat Chris!
  • NickNick Frets: 98
    These look fantastic! I think the pricing is completely reasonable too. Best of luck with everything. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27953
    edited September 2021

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5441
    edited September 2021
  • Thanks again guys, some great points!

with imagery I’m kind of just working with what I have given it’s just me. The work in progress extension I’m building just happens to have the nice light in the evening on my hilltop. I would like to get some studio images at some point but making spec guitars means I still have to outlay the funds the materials on them.
    If you want to use the work in progress extension, you could try taking two photos one of the the area without the guitar, one with. Greyscale and add grain to the one without guitar, and meticulously cut the image of the guitar out and paste it over the grey background. Can look quite nice: this was a quick attempt using Pixelmator and took about 20 mins (which I should have spent working). I also used some really dodgy and messy tools to attempt to erase the plug, pipes and guitar holder.

Anyway, all stuff that is doable with £50 worth image editing software (Pixelmator, Affinity etc), a tripod and would be easier and quicker with more prep before the shoot. For instance: any way of supporting the guitar without having a stand in frame and positioning the guitar to hide the plug etc...

Obviously what I did wont' be to everyone's taste - worth trying a few and seeing what gets the most reposts on social media. The main thing is have fun with it! I always enjoy messing around with graphics as a nice break from the day job. 

Good luck with the business, hope it all works out.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Merry evening to you all,

So a bit of a pivot at Trent Towers,

After a fair amount of feedback and lots of chin stroking it was clear that the difference between the Debut and the 'full fat' was confusing some people and the overall huge cavern of choice I was offering leads to a bit of choice paralysis. So what we ( @Huwbert and I) have decided to do is simplify the lot. What this does mean is that the Debut is no longer, in its place you can now only purchase a Model 1 in open pore satin but with the BKP P90s and your choice of scale length, radius etc (custom) starting at £1350. The original offering of the Model 1 in a gloss finish is the original £1595 price.

The only other price change would be if you wanted a JM vibrato, which is an additional £100.

Essentially, no fixed specs as it didn't seem to alter peoples buying habits, you can either get a nice discount for going open pore satin or go for the gloss at the original price. What remains across the board is the ability to choose the scale length, radius and even fretwire if you like.

Hope this makes sense, thank you for all your feedback!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7022
    Seems a great choice and still a good solid price. Good luck. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3328
    A wise move Elliott, more focussed and less confusion regarding the final product. 

Now if I could only sell some gear…
    tFB Trader
    Shameless self promotion...

0reaction image LOL 13reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Shameless self promotion...

No reason to have any 'shame' about it, bloody stunning!  :)
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7714
    Will you be at the Birmingham guitar show next year? 
    Red ones are better. 
    tFB Trader
    TimmyO said:
    Will you be at the Birmingham guitar show next year? 
    Hey bud! Not sure, potentially!
    tFB Trader
    Also, rather interesting one finished up today,

0reaction image LOL 21reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 818
    Also, rather interesting one finished up today,

Looks incredible. Great work 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12508
    Elliott, stop it... my favourite of your offerings to date.  Looks bloody fantastic.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom