SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS or FT Fender 1979 Anniversary Stratocaster SOLD

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ZoonyboyZoonyboy Frets: 171
    I don'y know what the fuss is about, these are great guitars, some are light and some heavy. They made loads of them. They sound good and play well. This one looks fine for its age. The original case would be a rectangular moulded plastic one with the Fender name on it. I used to sell them brand new and have owned and gigged one. As good as a 69 or 70 in my opinion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2652
    Zoonyboy said:
    I don'y know what the fuss is about, these are great guitars, some are light and some heavy. They made loads of them. They sound good and play well. This one looks fine for its age. The original case would be a rectangular moulded plastic one with the Fender name on it. I used to sell them brand new and have owned and gigged one. As good as a 69 or 70 in my opinion.
    Would help to know the weight though. Not many like a heavy strat. Not difficult to put it on some scales ;)
  • AJSAJS Frets: 44
    will weigh it tonight
    maw4neu said:
    Some of the comments you have recieved on here seem quite rude, especially considering its your first post . . The moderators seem to miss this but it happens more than it should in my opinion and seems to go unnoticed . . ( @roland ! !  wake up, you're normally quite happy to point out when we stray from the path )   . . . Now thats off my chest . . .  I know you Jonny from way back, I bought a Ceriatone Dizzy off you years ago and what a great amp it was . . . Too big for me at the time but WOW ! ! ! . . . What an amp . ! ! Good luck with your sale . . . If my memory serves me well you had some very tasty Charvels at the time that you were selling as you were playing quite a bit of BASS back then  . . .  
    I am still playing bass in one band and guitar in a couple of others.  I have had some fantastic charvels still have a couple but I dont use Floyd Rose style trems live.  Too much to go wrong. I stick to hardtails like telecasters 
    maw4neu said:
    Some of the comments you have recieved on here seem quite rude, especially considering its your first post . . The moderators seem to miss this but it happens more than it should in my opinion and seems to go unnoticed . . ( @roland ! !  wake up, you're normally quite happy to point out when we stray from the path ) 
    Perhaps. But, I wouldn’t even consider buying this guitar based on the fundamental lack of details and poor photos. Given that the classifieds here is free to post on and that many passers by post and bugger off means that regulars to the fretboard may be inclined to leave a sarcastic comment here or there. Moderators do this job for free, I’m not sure helping every single non contributor to the forum sell their gear for free is top of their priorities. Bottom line is, if you have gear to sell that’s worth anything at all get your house in order before posting. It’s not complicated.

Irony ?

I have added the weight and neck profile to the description.

• Great looking guitar, not difficult to contact the seller with any specific details you may require.    I would imagine anyone in the market for an Anniversary Strat would be aware of the history and specifications of this model.    I hope the sale goes well for you.   
    Be careful out there.....
    Trades considered
    any trades considered
    bump
  • That’s such a cool guitar good luck with the sale 
    Bummp

any trades and offers considered
  • That’s a really good price for one of these - I’ve always fancied one since I heard Rory Gallagher used one of a couple of albums alongside his old knackered one.

bump
    bump
  • Pm sent earlier today...