SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS or FT Fender 1979 Anniversary Stratocaster SOLD

What's Hot
AJSAJS Frets: 44
edited May 2022 in Guitars £
DROPPED TO £1400       ANY TRADES CONSIDERED 

particularly 1 x 12  valve combo

Deluxe reverb valve or tonemaster

1979 Anniversary Stratocaster REDUCED

(cash either way)

Other trades considered

The 79 Anniversary strat was made to celebrate 25 years of Fender strats 1954 to 1979.

Everything on it is standard as it left the factory except the hardcase which is a non fender item.

I bought this in 1992 from Route 66 in Hanley Stoke on Trent. I have used it very little as I mainly gigged Telecasters for most of the time.  I have never felt the need to take it apart so have never looked under the pickguard or removed the neck.  

It has a great sounding set of pickups.  It comes in a hardcase but not the one it would have been supplied in.  The case is the one that it was in when I bought it.

It has some wear on the maple of the fretboard at the first fret which has been relaquered before I got it. There are lots of small chips and scratches all over it.  It is in exactly the same condition as when I bought it. 

I response to a request the weight is quite heavy at 8.5 lbs approximately. The neck is a chunky roundback profile

I am in Staffordshire 

https://imgur.com/a/kwXMuFB
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steersteer Frets: 1228
    A bit of a half arsed advert, but good luck with the sale anyway.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 666
    edited June 2021
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AJSAJS Frets: 44
    steer said:
    A bit of a half arsed advert, but good luck with the sale anyway.
    This is the first advert I have put on here.  Thank you for the critique
    JD50 said:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FENDER-1979-25TH-ANNIVERSARY-STRATOCASTER-/255004513507?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Is this the one?

BTW these are not identical to a 64.

That was what I was told but I am not a Fender Anorak so have never checked it out
    Its a 70s strat for £1800 great investment
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2653
    edited June 2021
    I would add the weight - a key question when it comes to late 70s strats - and also the neck profile. Slim, rounded, chunky etc?

GLWTS 1

EDIT: Also, I would take the screws out of the pickguard and take a pic as this will definitely affect the final price.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15019
    I would retake the photographs with more sympathetic lighting.

The images in the opening post appear to have been taken in a bedroom.  ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Welcome to the forum and good luck with the sale - and well done for struggling on through the comments and adding the photos.

Blast from the past for me, as in 1992 I was living round the corner from Route 66 in Hanley.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CarbonCopyCarbonCopy Frets: 268
    JD50 said:

You're wrong. It is identical to a '64 except for the finish, pickups, bridge, scratchplate, knobs, pickup covers, selector switch, neck shape, headstock shape, string trees, tuners and decal.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    JD50 said:

You're wrong. It is identical to a '64 except for the finish, pickups, bridge, scratchplate, knobs, pickup covers, selector switch, neck shape, headstock shape, string trees, tuners and decal.
    JD50 said:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FENDER-1979-25TH-ANNIVERSARY-STRATOCASTER-/255004513507?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286CarbonCopy said:
    JD50 said:

Is this the one?

BTW these are not identical to a 64.

As I bought it secondhand I did not get the free Fender anorak with it.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1495
    edited June 2021
    AJS said:
    Wish have them for £23, worth the investment.

Take the comments as good advice, it just makes the eBay ad sound like you don’t know what you are talking about and may put potential buyers off, which would be a shame as this is a very cool guitar.
    Thanks for your advice this is one of my first postings.

I have been posting for years on Basschat but obviously the fretboard has different protocols.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15019
    Some fretboarders are registered on Basschat. 

The selling rules differ between the two forums. Most obviously, this forum does not charge a fee for listing gear.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Welcome to the forum and good luck with the sale - and well done for struggling on through the comments and adding the photos.

Blast from the past for me, as in 1992 I was living round the corner from Route 66 in Hanley.

there used to be three really good music shops in Hope street Kays, Route66 and Rythmn house. I have bought loads of gear from all of them 
    BUMP
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 577
    Some of the comments you have recieved on here seem quite rude, especially considering its your first post . . The moderators seem to miss this but it happens more than it should in my opinion and seems to go unnoticed . . ( @roland ! !  wake up, you're normally quite happy to point out when we stray from the path )   . . . Now thats off my chest . . .  I know you Jonny from way back, I bought a Ceriatone Dizzy off you years ago and what a great amp it was . . . Too big for me at the time but WOW ! ! ! . . . What an amp . ! ! Good luck with your sale . . . If my memory serves me well you had some very tasty Charvels at the time that you were selling as you were playing quite a bit of BASS back then  . . .  
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    maw4neu said:
    Some of the comments you have recieved on here seem quite rude, especially considering its your first post . . The moderators seem to miss this but it happens more than it should in my opinion and seems to go unnoticed . . ( @roland ! !  wake up, you're normally quite happy to point out when we stray from the path ) 
    Perhaps. But, I wouldn’t even consider buying this guitar based on the fundamental lack of details and poor photos. Given that the classifieds here is free to post on and that many passers by post and bugger off means that regulars to the fretboard may be inclined to leave a sarcastic comment here or there. Moderators do this job for free, I’m not sure helping every single non contributor to the forum sell their gear for free is top of their priorities. Bottom line is, if you have gear to sell that’s worth anything at all get your house in order before posting. It’s not complicated.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8985
    maw4neu said:
    Some of the comments you have recieved on here seem quite rude, especially considering its your first post . . The moderators seem to miss this but it happens more than it should in my opinion and seems to go unnoticed . . ( @roland ! !  wake up, you're normally quite happy to point out when we stray from the path )   . . .  
    If you think there’s something wrong then please flag it. I read most For Sale threads when they are first launched, but don’t return to read the comments unless they get flagged. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    bump
    price drop 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    AJS said:
    JD50 said:

JD50 said:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FENDER-1979-25TH-ANNIVERSARY-STRATOCASTER-/255004513507?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286CarbonCopy said:
    JD50 said:

You're wrong. It is identical to a '64 except for the finish, pickups, bridge, scratchplate, knobs, pickup covers, selector switch, neck shape, headstock shape, string trees, tuners

Brilliant put-down! Love it...

GLWTS.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis