SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro NOW £475 Price Drop SOLD

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 865
    How do these patrick eggles compare to prs of the same era? what is the neck profile? cheers
    I totally agree with @Musicwolf's ; comment insofar as early Berlins (91-93) go, but neck profiles do vary on Eggles, both between different models (Berlin, Vienna, LA etc.) and also different eras. Some of the mid 90s Berlins have fuller necks, and my '96 Berlin Vintage Classic could almost be described as chunky. So you do have to ask the question specific to the guitar and not just the model generally.

As a mid 90s 22 fret example, I would guess that the neck on this one is likely to be a little fuller than some others, but still nowhere near a PRS W/F.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8987
    I don’t want or need another guitar, but this is very enticing. Somebody buy this please before I drive down to Banbury cash in hand.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexHunterAlexHunter Frets: 422
    Forgive the daft question but when you say you got it as a project, is it actually an Eggle or is it some Eggle parts that have been put together? I haven’t seen an Eggle without a headstock logo before.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4245
    It was from the closing of the Eggle factory, they were selling necks and bodies etc, i bought it @ 3/4 done and finished it off and changed out most of the components 
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 865
    Forgive the daft question but when you say you got it as a project, is it actually an Eggle or is it some Eggle parts that have been put together? I haven’t seen an Eggle without a headstock logo before.
    The factory parts sales (as described by Sweepy) are quite well known and resulted in quite a few very well finished (non-logo'd) guitars out there - of course the quality of finish and parts will vary depending on who did it - I've owned a couple of parts Eggles; one was superb and as good as a full factory completed guitar and one was less good.
  • amarok1971amarok1971 Frets: 338

As a mid 90s 22 fret example, I would guess that the neck on this one is likely to be a little fuller than some others, but still nowhere near a PRS W/F.
    Ah, i'm a PRS W/F or gibson 50's guy, typical :dissapointed: