SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Fender American Original 50s Stratocaster (price drop to £1100ono)

What's Hot
CFHCFH Frets: 463
edited June 2021 in Guitars £
Absolutely wonderful strat. This is the follow on series from the AVRIs but with a couple of modern touches such as a 9.5 inch radius fingerboard and slightly taller frets, retaing a proper vintage vibe but is wonderfully playable. The maple neck is a fat soft V shape and has really nicely rolled edges, it plays absolutely fantastically and sounds awesome too. 

Comes with the original G&G hardcase and all of the case candy. It's in good condition although does have a couple of small dings which I have reflected in the price. 

This one is not to be confused with the slightly skinnier necked 60s AO model. The 50s one appears to be slightly rarer as I haven't found any others for sale used! Perhaps they are so good that people are keeping hold of them... 

I'm looking for £1,100. I'm based in Leeds and would massively prefer collection. I'm happy to travel a bit to meet up. 

Here's what Fender have to say: 

When we released the Stratocaster in 1954, we didn't set out to create a classic-but we did. The Stratocaster's sleek style, articulate sound and plethora of innovations redefined electric guitar and opened up a brave new world of musical possibilities. The American Original '50s Stratocaster maintains Fender's legendary original-era style and ground-breaking tone, while adding modern feel and pickup switching. 

The wax-potted Pure Vintage '59 single-coil Stratocaster pickups are as period-correct as possible, from the Formvar-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. The thick "Soft V" neck profile is perfect for chording, while the 9.5"-radius fingerboard enhances playability. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware-including a six-point synchronized tremolo bridge-vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood "breathe" naturally, it also ages in a distinctively appealing way. 

The American Original '50s Stratocaster is the best way to experience the performance, style and tone that made Fender a household name among guitarists. 

Specification 

BodyAlderFinishGloss Nitrocellulose LacquerNeckMaple, Soft "V"Neck FinishGloss Nitrocellulose LacquerFingerboardMaple, 9.5" RadiusFrets21 Vintage TallInlaysBlack DotsNutBone 1.650" WidthTuning MachinesPure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"Scale Length25.5"BridgePure Vintage 6-Saddle Synchronized TremoloPickguard1-Ply EggshellPickupsPure Vintage '59 Single Coil SetPickup Switching5 Position Blade. Position 1 : Bridge - Position 2 : Bridge and Middle - Position 3 : Middle - Position 4 : Middle and Neck - Position 5 : NeckControlsMaster Volume, Neck Pickup Tone, Bridge/Middle Pickup ToneKnobsEggshellHardwareChrome/NickelStringsFender USA NPS .010 - .046 GaugeCaseVintage Hardshell
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CFHCFH Frets: 463
    Bump. Open to sensible offers. 
  • I’m sure this won’t stick around too long, the AVRI and AV line were and still are really popular and plenty to suggest AO really good as well, just not had chance to play around with one! GLWS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bump! Big price drop to £1,150. Surely that's a bargain! :) 
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 779
    I've got one of the these in aztec gold, after going through many strats I've finally found the one. Nice big fat neck, sounds amazing stock too.

Good luck!
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3175
    I have an OR 50 too, superb,
    GLWTS
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• teradaterada Frets: 5116
    Lovely stuff, do you know the weight?
    edited June 2021
    Gerz6558 said:
    I've got one of the these in aztec gold, after going through many strats I've finally found the one. Nice big fat neck, sounds amazing stock too.

Good luck!
    Thanks a lot! The neck is particularly lovely!
    paulnb57 said:
    I have an OR 50 too, superb,
    GLWTS
    Thank you
    terada said:
    Lovely stuff, do you know the weight?
    I'm afraid I don't have any scales, but this review seems to indicate between 7 and 8 lbs:
    https://guitar.com/review/fender-american-original/ 
    It certainly doesn't feel particularly heavy. 
    Bump. Sensible offers considered! 
    Bump. £1100, surely a bargain? 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3175
    CFH said:
    Bump. £1100, surely a bargain? 
    I would say so, what are they 1800quid new?, and they are bloody great, from the pickups to the neck shape, to the frets, to the nitro finish, bloody lovely!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll