SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Cort G290 Fat left - Seven Guitars Priced To Sell

What's Hot
dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6079
edited June 2021 in Guitars £
It feels like time to have a clear out and these are the ones caught up in the churn.
I'll put up the details for each but here are the headlines...

SOLD J.Joye Roadmaster 2020 in Sonic Blue - £400
 SOLD Rutters Partscaster - £400
SOLD Squire Mustang, heavily upgraded - £125
SOLD Vintage V100 ICON Distressed Lemon Drop - £150
SOLD Duoton Jaguar Jnr - £400
SOLD Gordon Smith GS1.5 - £650 £595
 Cort g290 Fat Bright Blue Burst - £385 £350

There is a full gallery of images in here http://lightart.photo/p1047997049

Right now I don't have any boxes but that's something we can discuss, if needed. Collection in North Wilts, over a coffee or beer is always welcome. As is a meet somewhere in the usual FB fashion.

Not looking for any trades on these. Unless you have something that I'd like that is.
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6079
    edited June 2021
    Cort g290 FAT

There is NGD thread on this guitar here https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/207025/cort-up-in-the-middle#latest

It's still great and still as new. I've just put it on here because I've seen another Cort I'd like to try out and I REALLY don't need two in this camp at all. If this one goes, I'll take a punt on the other one, if it doesn't then I'll be quite happy with this one. 

Specs and fluff are here

https://www.cortguitars.com/product/item.php?ca_id=101020&it_id=1546932284&page=1
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2021
    This is the one and only guitar I've ever put together myself and I think I'll be quitting the partcaster business while I'm ahead.

The body is a single piece made by the legendary Marc Rutter and the bridge is from him too. The finish is a super thin transparent nitro. The neck is a licensed Fender, Baja spec, as are the tuners, The P90 is from Oil City and has a split wind, wired up as low out put, regular and volume bypass on the 3 way switch. The actual build and set up were done by the artful magician that is Andy Manners.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2021
    The Squier, 

I adore the Bullet range from Squier and this one is a complete treat. I've lifted the details from the advert that made me buy it. It's down from £150 to £125 because some hamfisted oaf* dropped a cup of coffee on it and chipped the finish, as shown in the photos.

"Its in a beautiful Imperial Blue finish, which is hard to photograph but its basically a deep metallic blue. Lovely. 

There's a thread on the modifications here but I'll describe them here too: 

It had a setup, and I installed a pair of Oil City "Havoc" Pickups, which Oil City describe as:

Nothing looks like a Havoc, and nothing else sounds like a Havoc!
    Triple magnet system on the bridge unit combining alnico 8 and ceramic, over height bobbins for treble cutting power. Thicker gauge wire for harmonic sparkle and fat, punchy lows. Neck unit alnico 5 and beautifully ‘string separate’. Awesome power with a light touch when the gain is rolled back. 16k bridge, 9k neck (average). 

Built to split well for powerful single coil sounds

Wired as volume, tone, three way selector and with splits for both pickups---split them by 
    using a resistor to simulate a 250K volume pot when the pickups are split, rather than partial splits. The splits in particular are really excellent---genuinely sound like a good single coil pickup, not a weedy split humbucker."

* It was me 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2021
    The Vintage.

These are every bit as good as all the good things you've every heard about them. Yes they're cheap but they're well made and a joy to play. Please take a good look at the pic of the back of the head. That crack was in the photos of the ebay ad when I bought it and is exactly the same now. It's not moved or spread over the year of my ownership, with string changes up and down in tension and it was treated to being thrown over the hedge when it arrived here in single box packing.

Body:
    Mahogany body with Maple Cap provides resonance, tone and ‘correct weight’ comfort. The Vintage V100 features a unique, evolutionary body shape, with a graceful descending bass side shoulder and an ingeniously-designed offset heel providing improved access to the upper reaches of the fretboard.

Bridge:
    The Wilkinson Tune-O-Matic provides ultimate fine-tuning of each string for superb intonation.

Pickups:
    Pair of Wilkinson WVC Double Coils with nickel covers mix traditional appearance with contemporary punch and power. Neck pickup is reverse fitted for unique singing tones.

Controls:
    Twin master Volume and Tone controls with three-way pickup selector switch, centre position wired out of phase.

Machines:
    Wilkinson Deluxe WJ01 Chrome tuners. Simple and smooth action for reliable tuning stability.

Neck:
    Mahogany with classic Vintage ‘soft C’ profile for instant comfort, speed, accuracy and great feel.

Fingerboard:
    Traditional 12" radius fingerboard provides positive feel and superior playability.

Scale Length:
    24.75" / 628mm.

Frets:
    22 Medium profile frets add to comfort, accuracy and overall positive feel of the Vintage V100.

Nut:
    43mm Graphite nut, smooth and friction free.

Headstock:
    Classic Vintage headstock design for balance and visual appeal.

Weight:
    3.75kg

edited June 2021
    Gordon Smith GS1.5

http://lightart.photo/img/s/v-11/o504011119/c1/p4138060395-210.mp4

A fabulous take on the G style design but a much smoother player than any Gibson I've had in the hand before. The video linked there that Manns took for me tells you more about it than my words will. If I remember rightly, this comes out at about £1200 if you spec up on the GS website.

GS1.5 Custom 

Double cut 

Mahogany body 

Mahogany neck (thin profile)

Rosewood fretboard 

Shell Pink 

Satin finish 

Gotoh 510 ub bridge 

18:1 deluxe ratio tuners 

1x home-wound single coil neck pickup 

1x home-wound P90 bridge pickup (with black soap bar pickupcover) 

Tortoiseshell scratchplate 

Silver hardware 

Nickel silver fretwire 

GS Custom hardcase 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tadragh1Tadragh1 Frets: 70
    PM'd.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    your too far away otherwise i would have the lemondrop off you 
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1356
    P'med
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7474
    Daz if the Duotone is the one I have on my lap right now then yes please chap !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sorry all, I seem to have a problem somewhere with my pic hosting. I'll get it sorted asap but school run and a shop first.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3450
    What is that paisley thing!? It’s beautiful!
    If you're sure, then of course. You did say the neck is a little slim for you??

grungebob said:
    What is that paisley thing!? It’s beautiful!
    That is (was) the J. Joye Roadmaster. Thank you, I think it is too. Though I'm told not every Doc thinks so :)
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7474
    dazzajl said:
    If you're sure, then of course. You did say the neck is a little slim for you??

It is a bit slim for me but it sounds incredible!

Salisbury beers on me for cash handover or PayPal for you old chap ?
    @dazzajl ;Pm replied to.
    hi @dazzajl
      still waiting for your bank or paypal details .
    cheers
    Mark
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 739
    Sent you a PM re: the Mustang

A chunk taken off the last two to see if this can all be done over the weekend.
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 941
    My table is still on the table ;)
    Ahhhhh but are you still under it??  ;)
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 941
    dazzajl said:
    Ahhhhh but are you still under it??  ;)