SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1970s Yamaha SA700 **SOLD**

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 28248
edited June 2021 in Guitars £
What's in the case TTony?

I got this from @Jaymenon ;;;; a couple or more years ago.  Every time I've taken it out of the case, it's reminded me that I find 335 bodies too large to play comfortably. despite loving the idea of them, the sound of the them and the look of them!

If you know Jay, then you'll know that he's something of a perfectionist.    This guitar is, 2 minor blemishes apart, in incredible condition for it's 40+ year life.  When I bought it, Jay advised that SteveRobinson had recently refretted it (and he's got a bit of a perfectionist reputation too!) and you can see that the frets are pretty much untouched.  Other than the refret, all original.  Jay dated it to 1979 and I've no reason to doubt that.

I'm not going to bother with effusive praise and BS description.      It's simply a 9.5-9.9/10 example of a great guitar.

The blemishes;

If you look at the bottom edge of the pickguard, cutaway end, you can see a  small mark.  Looks like it's had a ding and been filled.    

The other one is the traditional end of the headstock;

Flipper/trader price is £950, but mates rates offers are welcome.  Provided you're a "mates" of course.

I won't ship it, so it's collection from  IP22, or I'll drive an hour or so for a meet-up in a lonely layby.

Not really interested in trades.  I'm selling because I need to reduce the ridiculous number of guitars that I seem to have acquired through the years and as I don't play this, it makes sense to start the downsize with this one.
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7473
    Absolutely beautiful that. I'm sorted for 335s but just wanted to stop by and drool a bit
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28248
    just wanted to stop by and drool a bit
    And you do that so well @DrCornelius ;
    :D 
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1084
    That’s bloody wonderful that is! 
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1477
    I had one exactly like that - wonderful guitars.  GLWTS.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16415
    fantastic guitars..........but you could go and waste 4 times as much on another brand and not be as pleased
    Dominic said:
    fantastic guitars..........but you could go and waste 4 times as much on another brand and not be as pleased
    Wise words!!

Some Qs and some As ...

Close up pic of the ding by the scratchplate;

Neck width is 43mm at the nut.

Weight is 8lbs 14oz.

Yes, mahogany neck and maple body.  Looks like one piece maple front and back to me, I don't know whether that's solid or veneered, but then I'm not sure it really matters either.

Explain the "flipper price" thing ....

If I advertise it at forum/mates rates, and then a flipper buys it and makes an extra ££s from eBay or wherever, I'd be unhappy.  Not because of the flipper making his profit, but because it means this beautiful guitar would leave the community.    I can't increase the price if a flipper wants to buy it, so, I realise that it's priced "fully" to deter the flippers.

But, I can reduce the price to forum/mates rates so I'm quite open to offers on it from genuine forum members.

An hour's drive from me - think A12 / Colchester, out along the A14 to the A1 junction, halfway down the M11, etc.

:)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7473
    Wise words mon ami
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2487
    This is lush. Have a GLWTS bump  :)
    A very gentle nudge.  More of a stroke really. 

Certainly not a ding-causing bump!
  • pruddprudd Frets: 682
    Looks lovely, a mate used to have one, it was one of the nicest 335's I've ever played.
    GLWTS Tony
    prudd said:
    Looks lovely, a mate used to have one, it was one of the nicest 335's I've ever played.

Cheers Paul @prudd .... knowing (and owning) some of the guitars that have passed through your hands, that's praise indeed!

Let me know if you fancy a straight swap for that old white thing that you're selling
    ;)
    OK, WARNING

In a few short weeks, there's a fair chance that you're going to have to start going out again.

That means spending money in pubs, bars, restaurants, clubs.  Paying entry for gigs.    Maybe heading off for a stressful week "relaxing" in the sun on some foreign beach.

All of that is going to cost money, money, money.

Before you have to spend all your money on all of those things, buy this guitar.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • pruddprudd Frets: 682
    TTony said:
    prudd said:

Cheers Paul @prudd .... knowing (and owning) some of the guitars that have passed through your hands, that's praise indeed!

Let me know if you fancy a straight swap for that old white thing that you're selling
    I will have to give that some thought Tony, I was looking for a cash sale, not a trade :)
    TTony said:

I won't ship it, so it's collection from  IP22
    "Where's IP22"?

(Google is your friend here)  - South Norfolk.

"That's a long way away"

Yes,  it's a long way from most places, that's one of the good things about living here ;)

But, to make the journey to IP22  a little more worthwhile for anyone considering it, here's an added bonus.

The deal now includes a - completely free - Marshall AVT 150 combo.   

4-channels (clean, acoustic sim, 2 x od), with some built in effects (no, you won't be selling your Helix).
    It's a heavy beastie, so that's certainly not getting couriered anywhere either.
    Pretty good condition, no damage.    Single 12" speaker.   Complete with the channel and FX switching footswitch.
    And it's free for collection with the guitar.

Did I mentioned, it's free with the guitar if you come collect?
    Hmmmmm ... I'm sensing that the amp might not be a great attraction here.

You don't have to take the amp as well
    ;)
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    If space-time decides to fold in on itself this afternoon and I end up close to your house I’ll be round with the cash. 
    A few gems have popped up in here lately and yours is one of them. Very nice 
    Andy79 said:
    If space-time decides to fold in on itself this afternoon and I end up close to your house I’ll be round with the cash. 
    A few gems have popped up in here lately and yours is one of them. Very nice 
    I'll keep an eye out for errant Daleks as a sign of troubles with space-time ....
    ;)
    SOLD, pending payment.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5189
    Huzzah! It woz the amp what dun it, I bet! Lovely guitar, congrats to the new owner.  :)
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/