SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 2012 Gibson SG Standard VS w/upgrades

Horatio_CaineHoratio_Caine Frets: 34
edited August 2014 in Guitars £
I figure I may as well put this up now as it probably won't sell right away.  Because I have now got an Explorer I am happy with, since I operate a one in one out regime right now, sadly this has to go.

All pictures.

2012 Gibson SG Standard in vintage sunburst that has been upgraded.  I purchased this from Thomann at the very start of last year, 10th January to be exact.  The upgrades have improved it noticably soundwise from stock.

-Mahogany body and neck
-Baked maple fretboard
-16:1 TonePros tuners
-Rounded neck profile (50's)

It has had the following upgrades:

-The stock PCB circuit board/wiring/pots has been taken out and repaced with Dimarzio 500k pots, PIO caps and just generally rewired to how it should be (I'm not a fan of the PCB thing they did).
-Bridge pickup replaced to a Bulldog Fat Paf, sounds rather nice and big with it in
-Neck pickup repaced with a GuitarForce one, sounds nice and syrupy for soloing

It is setup for 10-46 strings.  Overall condition is ok and it plays nicely.  It does show signs of wear and marking, mainly because it has had various pickup changes and mods/tweaking done to it over the time I have owned it.  It is a bit dusty.  The toggle switch ring is also a bit worn/scatched.  Has had home use only, straplocks have been fitted.

Comes with the original Gibson case, packing leaflet, Gibson manual, allen key/screwdriver, what's left of the original PCB wiring and while not pictured a Gibson strap that is new and unused in the packaging.

I am looking for £560, £450 posted, UK only.  PayPal or Cheque accepted, No Trades please, I don't really need anything.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jph98jph98 Frets: 0
    Where are you based?
  • Doncaster.
  • After some debating and fiddling, this is now back up for sale.  I did give it one last go with a few alterations but while it sounds, feels and plays nice there's just something not quite there in which I just can't completely bond with it.  So it has been put back to how it was in the listing, with the Bulldog Fat Paf in the bridge and the GuitarForce humbucker in the neck.

I have also after some reflection of condition lowered the price, hopefully that should be quite tempting, I wouldn't mind shifting it soon.
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited November 2014
  • SOLD.
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    Bargain whoever got this.