SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold pending - Fano SP6 Alt de Facto (£2149)

What's Hot

Comments

• brucegillbrucegill Frets: 727
    pay me well, you can call me whatever you like Dave
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2764
    brucegill said:
    pay me well, you can call me whatever you like Dave
    There’s a sub forum for this kind of solicitation, I think. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Probably the bass section, I would imagine. :)
    Call me Dave.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31441
    That JM...Oh my life....!!!!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Gassage - lovely looking thing, isn't it? I'm not very well up on JM's (or Fenders in general) but I appreciate that the Bigsby is a bit marmite for many. It works ever so well though, and it's a damn pretty thing. 
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    DB1 said:
    @Gassage - lovely looking thing, isn't it? I'm not very well up on JM's (or Fenders in general) but I appreciate that the Bigsby is a bit marmite for many. It works ever so well though, and it's a damn pretty thing. 

Will you accept my dog and cash your way?

That would be a dangerous question normally, particularly as Lola looks such a sweetheart. Unfortunately the daft thing in my avatar is far keener on cake than he is on other dogs.

His butler, however (me) is equally keen on dogs and cake. 
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    DB1 said:
    That would be a dangerous question normally, particularly as Lola looks such a sweetheart. Unfortunately the daft thing in my avatar is far keener on cake than he is on other dogs.

His butler, however (me) is equally keen on dogs and cake. 
    Well, you can't have your canine and eat it.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 801
    Lordy, but the Jazzmaster it's causing me offset angst... too many choices!
    I have more pics if you like....  ;)
    Call me Dave.
    Hell yeah, pile it on!!
    Take that, sir! :)

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2021
    Right, I'm going to throw this one in, but it's all a bit impetuous and I may withdraw at a moment's notice. I'll be the first to admit that this chat-up line has never really worked, but it's worth another go, I suppose.

This is a gorgeous full-fat ES-275, 2018 spec but built in 2017 when they ditched the Richlite fretboard on the higher-priced models for rosewood. It was a bit of a mystery to me, as many things are, that they specced the lower priced cherry/trapeze models with rosewood and the higher priced models with Richlite.  As usual, correct me if I'm wrong.

Nothing wrong with Richlite in my experience, just an odd marketing strategy and it now means that would-be buyers direct jets of venomous spit at the idea of Richlite equipped versions at the thick end of £3000, which they currently seem to be.  Well, no they don't do the 'spit' thing, but folks seem to prefer the rosewood versions.  One of my nicest guitars (a Godin Montreal Premier Supreme, which sounds more like a dog food than a guitar model) had a Richlite board, and it was great.

Anyway, I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I bought this in a fit of jealousy because @Hattigol sent me a photo of a thinline model that he'd just bought, and so I had to have one. Saw one that day, part-exed my Country Club (the guitar, not a building) and drove 360 miles the next day so that I could get it first. Ha ha, I got mine first.

I. Am. Sixty-one. Years. Old. Imagine that.

So then I have one of my 'mental resets' where I realise that I've bought too many guitars of a similar type and I have to sell some. This is what I'm doing at the moment.

Right - there's an elephant in the room. Ah, no, that's OK - she's gone to make me a cup of tea.

Here's another one though.

It doesn't have a COA. I shall let that sink in for a moment while you gaze at the screen in disgust, feeling the bile rising in your throat as you struggle to digest this horror. The blank, numb look of fear as you stumble round the room, unable to comprehend the full impact of what you've just seen. A bit like myself in front of a full-length mirror, to be fair.

Well, it doesn't have one, but if I remember rightly, it plays better than the other two that I've had that have got a COA. It's got it's original case and a nice leather strap which has kept me entertained for hours by itself (and, it goes without saying, by myself). To be fair, it does put some people off (the COA thing, not the image of me and the strap), and it's put me off before, but I bought it from a good source, and it's a fabulous guitar in fabulous condition.

It's reflected in the price though, but f it's important to you, I do understand.

It's just had a set-up by Mr Norton who suggested that I should ditch my flappy 10-46's for a set of 10-52's. 'But he's in an Iron Maiden tribute band' I hear you cry. 'What does he know?' Well, fair point, but he was right. The bottom end is more taut and is now nicely playable, and yes I wish I could say the same about me, before you ask.

Sounds great acoustically, which surprised me a little, because it's still only a little fatter than an ES-330. The thinline ES-275 currently advertised that belongs to @Hattigol is a little thinner, but not by as much as I imagined it would be. That's a lovely guitar as well, so you're spoilt for choice. Great for jazz, blues and all the things that you'd expect and feels as cool as a pair of frozen underpants. If you want a thinline version, do buy his - I've played it and it's really lovely. If you want the original thicker version, try me. I mean, buy mine.

Usual things apply - don't want to post it, will meet, will deliver, masked, rubber protection, dogging areas, public conveniences, laybys, woodland glades where we can frolic semi-clothed, deserted beaches at midnight and all that nonsense. We could just meet at motorway services, but a) there's no fun in that and b) think of the hygiene aspect. I bet you're thinking 'probably bloody safer, though'.

I forgot to put the price in - I think the thing with the leather strap has thrown me off course a bit - but £2499.

Edit: No, £2399. Any better?

I could be tempted by something like an ES-335, or something else interesting like that as a p/ex, but I don't know.  Feel free to PM and feel free to ask about anything. See you in the woods!

(Subliminal message)

Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    You absolutely glorious fool!

This is DEFINITELY one of the top two ES-275s advertised on here  ;)
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Hattigol said:
    You absolutely glorious fool!

This is DEFINITELY one of the top two ES-275s advertised on here  ;)

At least I can spell tool. :)
    Call me Dave.
    Wow! Just wow! I may need to indulge in some grand larceny in quick time to keep up with the simply glorious guitars you keep putting up.... 
    Jazzmaster and Collings now sold.

ES-275 still awaiting that furtive layby meeting with a luck y punter.
    Call me Dave.
  • pruddprudd Frets: 682
    Yet another hugely entertaining post from the pen of Dave, and another fine guitar to boot.

Not sure if this qualifies me as a saddo/weirdo but I get all exited when I see another one of your post's pop up :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • melodmelod Frets: 136
    prudd said:
    Yet another hugely entertaining post from the pen of Dave, and another fine guitar to boot.

Not sure if this qualifies me as a saddo/weirdo but I get all exited when I see another one of your post's pop up :)
    I am a fan too I have to admit :). Very good pen indeed (and guitar taste).

Also a reminder how access to the nicest guitars do not cure the addiction.
    Let me thrust this fine instrument in front of you once more.

It's got to be said - it's a good one, and the more I play it, the more I'm having a wobble, so catch me in a weak moment.

I'm thinking of a nice 335/345 as a possible trade, but not interested in much else. Maybe a CS Jazzmaster.
    Call me Dave.