Name this Neil Young and Crazy Horse track?

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16424
Not much to go on but there was an interview with the guy who was the drummist for David Bowie once upon a time yesterday on Radio 2 and he talked about a Crazy Horse track which he didn't name and they didn't play. So, all I've got is there are no cymbals on it until the very end. It would have been very early 1970's, possibly late 1960's. Any ideas? I just thought it sounded interesting and I know we have a few Youngophiles on here.
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16424
    I know it's a long shot! :)
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Most of the Harvest album?

I don't have it here to check, but the internet seems to think that album's devoid of cymbal crashes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Most of the Harvest album?

I don't have it here to check, but the internet seems to think that album's devoid of cymbal crashes.

oh is it? I had that on vinyl many moons ago, I used to listen to it as a sad teenager and can play a half arsed version of Needle and the Damage Done. Might well have been that, ta. :)
  • camfcamf Frets: 1201
    Had a quick listen to Everybody Knows This is Nowhere and it was pretty light on cymbals... maybe the just weren't a thing back then. :)

Mick Woodmansey ( drummer in Spiders From Mars) was talking about the notion of Less is More and how the Young song illustrated that, but never said what it was called.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73116
    edited August 2014
    Heart Of Gold.

No cymbals until one (light) hit right at the end.

Although that's not Crazy Horse, just Neil. So either that's not the one he was talking about or he was mistaken about who was on it. The only actual Neil Young & Crazy Horse album from that era as far as I know is Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5606
    edited August 2014
    gisI can't answer the original question but as a side note, on Peter Gabriel's third album he insisted that Phil Collins and Jerry Marotta not use any cymbals in their drumming.
    The track 'Intruder' was the first use of Collins' 'gated drum' sound which he then used on his own solo work.
    ICBM said:
    Heart Of Gold.

No cymbals until one (light) hit right at the end.

Although that's not Crazy Horse, just Neil. So either that's not the one he was talking about or he was mistaken about who was on it. The only actual Neil Young & Crazy Horse album from that era as far as I know is Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere.

excellent I shall dig that out. Will be interesting to listen to something I knew well but haven't heard for a long time and listen with new ears. I can't recall the thing about the cymbals striking me at the time, maybe subliminally.