SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Charvel San Dimas

What's Hot
BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1778
edited September 2013 in Guitars £
Hi.

I'm interested in Charvels San Dimas - Japan, as the new MIM ones I haven't tried/seen yet and I'm not so sure about them so far - (so IF you have please share the experience :) )

I'm after :
-those lovely maple board with rolled edges and frets in good condition;
-no particular body colour

Feel free to post here or PM

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I have one, and I'm not parting with Sammie.

It's absolutely awesome to play, the pup's are nice and rounded, not too bright or dark and plenty powerful enough.

I got mine in Coda a year past January.

The body is a Strat body (My Strat fits perfectly in the case!). The neck is a nice modern-style, which (to me at least) is neither too big or to small. A "D" section, with a compound radius fingerboard (at least it feels that way).

I'll ask @bigjon this evening, what he thinks of the sounds for a different opinion (mine are probably biased).

I'd recommend trying one with a similar amp to the one you normally use, mines a Marshall, as it may not sound so good with a different amp

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Hey man, thanks for reply! Just realised that I've posted in wrong section.

Can mods please move it to Classified - > guitar? Thanks
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1209
    I prefer the previous MIJ version personally. The new MIMs have a recessed Floyd Rose.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I know. That wouldn't be a problem if I knew that build quality is as good as MIJ ones, but unfortunately I haven't tried one yet and no reviews of those so far