Any love for the Laney LC15R?

imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3937
edited August 2014 in Amps
Evening all, Picking one of these up this week at what seems a very reasonable price. They seem a pretty popular amp. Any fans? Ideas on modding or good valves for it? Just wondered!
Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 735
    edited August 2014
    I had the original LC30 when that came out - really liked it. I'd tried the LC15 and liked it - great little amp, but really needed the extra power of the LC30R.

Had it for a little while and was very happy with the tone, but ended up trading it in for the JCM900 I sold on here a little while back - the drummer at the time was LOUD.

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11994
    tFB Trader
    I have a LC30 as my main gigging/test amp ... and have had several LC15s. I find the LC15 just a little too quiet for a band with a noisy drummer with out putting a mic on it. Lovely little amp mind ... great for blues harmonica players too with a toned down input stage valve.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• I have, thanks, Kebabkid. Got a Greenback coming from a guy on here.

Turns out the innards of mine are mostly okay other than somebody securing a valve with clear silicone!
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    Great amps. Had my LC15R for years, great through the 4x12 and well giggable (excellent portable back up), and our drummist is a hard hitter. Must get it serviced though (been saying that for years too....).
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."