SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Cort g290 Fat in stunning Blueburst now just a crazy £260

What's Hot
dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6079
edited July 2021 in Guitars £
So partly to keep things well managed and partly to try and try all the guitars, here are three more for your delectation. Apologies for the very rudimentary folder link here for photos, my gallery site is still not working and figuring out the server issues is not a task I'm really drawn too.

Cort G290 Fat Blue Burst - £330 £300 £260
SOLD - Epiphone Inspired by 1966 Century - £230
SOLD - Maybach Lester 58 - £1095 

Info now in the next post 

Thanks all

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8358
    Nice looking guitars.  GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6079
    edited July 2021
    The Cort is a fairly well known affair now. A very fine instrument, made with good woods and top parts and as you'd expect it plays like a high quality guitar. This was up for sale, then taken off, then put back because of the accidental arrival of a St Vincent. The similarities between the two guitars go very deep and it's only the feel of the Music Man neck and the very different aesthetics that set them apart. I thought this was going to be a real one trick pony guitar and only be good for chugging, squealing and dive bombs but it's a lot more than that. It's smooth playing, the neck is well rounded and the pickups have a much more even and vintage tone than I was expecting. 

The Epiphone is a beautifully made thinline with a gentle and mellow feel and sound. There is both an upside and a down to this particular one. It has had a complete head stock break back in its distant past and on the upside, it has a really really nice Lollar P90 in. The repair to the head is not the prettiest or most cosmetic work you'll ever see but it is totally solid and if you're not fussed about such things, it does make this a great bargain. It's currently strung with flat 12s that seems to suit it perfectly.

The Maybach is a beautifully built and beautifully aged version of the Les Paul. It has a big old neck but I find it really comfortable even though its much slimmer Fender style necks that I'm used to. The Amber pickups are as fabulous as their reputation suggests, they are sharp and clear and offer a more raspy warmth that the standard Gibson fair that I always find a little too wooly for my taste. It came to me from the rather lovely Doc C and it's back up for the same amazing price.

Find all the specs and bits here https://maybach-guitars.de/en/a-guitar/lester-series/lester-havanna-tobacco-58-aged

I think I've priced them all well and ideally a straight sale with collection or handover would be ideal. But always happy to hear trade ideas and I do have one box if anyone wants to talk about postage.

To add in the missing info I’ve been asked about. 

The Cort 8.5lbs
    The Epi isn’t heavy enough to trigger the scales but another guitar at 6.5lbs is, so it’s less than that. 
    The Maybach is a very trim 7 7/8lbs
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5189
    edited July 2021
    Is there any way you could post the actual pics on the thread? I tried looking at the link you posted and I didn’t find it to be a very user-friendly experience to be honest. Unless it’s just me and my technophobia,  which is of course distinctly possible! 
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Awesome little hoard and I’m close. Maybe too close
    Is there any way you could post the actual pics on the thread? I tried looking at the link you posted and I didn’t find it to be a very user-friendly experience to be honest. Unless it’s just me and my technophobia,  which is of course distinctly possible! 
    I know, it's really not a good solution but my hosting site is down until I do some techy server setting stuff and well, lets say it's not my best area. :3

I'd very happily email you anything you'd like to see in the meantime.

Just copy n paste 
    Andy79 said:

Just copy n paste 
    You've totally proven my technical know how here. I've been using Box to host client image folders for over five years and not only did I not know that was possible, I'm not sure I quite get how you've done that. I am feeble  :s
    Let’s even out the field 
    On an iPhone just hold thumb on image, hit copy, paste over here with a space at the end

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2021

Blimey!!! @Andy79 I owe you a drink :)
    Prices dropped bump. 

And if all goes well tomorrow, I’ll be listing a beast of an amp for a steal of a price too. 
    Strat removed and Maybach added :)
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7473
    Wow that Maybach is going to make someone very happy !
  • THR1LLHAU5THR1LLHAU5 Frets: 181
    Pm'd re: Lester. 
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2820
    Wow that Maybach is going to make someone very happy !
    That looks an amazing guitar, beautifully aged and so light.  A steal at the price too.
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 881
    edited July 2021
    Andy79 said:
    Let’s even out the field 
    On an iPhone just hold thumb on image, hit copy, paste over here with a space at the end

Please explain that to me again @Andy79 ;;

I've always used Imgur - so now I can paste images directly from my iPhone?
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31441
    Maybach Labs > Murphy Labs

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1477
    As a former owner of that Maybach, it's a sensational guitar.  Those Amber pickups are amongst the best PAFs I've heard.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    jaymenon said:
    Andy79 said:
    Let’s even out the field 

Please explain that to me again @Andy79 ;;

I've always used Imgur - so now I can paste images directly from my iPhone?
    I copied that from your hosting link. You can’t copy directly from your iPhone photos as far as I know 
  • pruddprudd Frets: 682
    PM sent