Neural DSP Quad Cortex

What's Hot

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9712
    Well, I've probably had an hour with it so far...

Just tried the effects and looper into the Two Rock. Very impressive.

The looper is superb. Not unlike the FM3, and certainly very easy to use.

In fact, the whole unit is fun  !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

chrisv said:
    chrisv said:
    If anyone wants Lazy J, Klon, vintage Fender 5E3 captures and more besides, then by all means follow me on the Cortex app and grab 'em (username: chrisvinnicombe)
    Thanks Chris.

Have you made any YT vids on the Cortex ?
    Not since working for Gibson ;-)

This one I did for Guitar.com last year shows off just how close the Capture process can get to the real thing: 
    Thanks Chris !

I didn't know you had moved over to Gibson; congrats :)
  • keirkeir Frets: 144
    Are you able to put a fuzz in the fx send and return or is it buffered? Had a look in the manual but can’t see it there 
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7039
    keir said:
    Are you able to put a fuzz in the fx send and return or is it buffered? Had a look in the manual but can’t see it there 
    Surely the fx loop will be after the DACs so the fuzz won’t see the guitar pick-up load.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BGGBGG Frets: 698
    Liked the look of the QC and the smaller footprint etc. 
    Then remembered I have large, wide clumsy feet and struggle with most pedalboards and my Kemper Remote lol. 
    Think I’ll just stick to my Kemper for now. 
    #thebatesmotelband
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3429
    edited August 2022
    I'm reading some of these posts about re-amping and cabs and thinking 'Surely the capture is of the amp, cab, speaker and mic combination'. If you then re-amp it and play it throught another monitor, that needs to be FRFR or else it won't sound like the original?'.

SD powerstage = good. Zilla 2 x 12 with a V30 and Creamback = not good. Laney LFR212 = better? Right? 

2 x LFR212's in stereo, wet, dry = even better?
  • FiftyshadesofjayFiftyshadesofjay Frets: 1437
    edited August 2022
    Had a little play around with the unit in 4cm, sounded great. No tone loss to speak of and the newer effects such as the Phase 95 and Dimension are great.

Could really do with a device to switch the channels of the Rockerverb via QC midi. 

The Suhr midi thingy looks ideal but looks like it basically doesn’t exist in the UK.

Anybody know of any alternatives?
    Not sure if the Morningstar relay would work
    https://www.morningstar.io/relay-interface

it doesn’t tell you what midi messages you use to send the signal unfortunately, you do it all in their editor. 
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
    keir said:
    Not sure if the Morningstar relay would work
    https://www.morningstar.io/relay-interface

it doesn’t tell you what midi messages you use to send the signal unfortunately, you do it all in their editor. 
    That only works with the morning star MC series controllers, not general midi signals.

I use a Voodoo labs midi control switcher which allows upto 4 separate TS signals (i combine two into one TRS to amp) used standard midi and can be manualls overridden with the red buttons. They appear on used market fairly regularly.

Voodoo Lab Control Switcher MIDI Amp Channel Switcher | Sweetwater
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Bungle1Bungle1 Frets: 133
    NelsonP said:
    I'm reading some of these posts about re-amping and cabs and thinking 'Surely the capture is of the amp, cab, speaker and mic combination'. If you then re-amp it and play it throught another monitor, that needs to be FRFR or else it won't sound like the original?'.

SD powerstage = good. Zilla 2 x 12 with a V30 and Creamback = not good. Laney LFR212 = better? Right? 

You can capture fully mic'ed up cab etc for recording purposes, and that would be better through FRFR, but you can also capture a mic/cab-less version of the amp which you can then play through a normal cab while retaining the original tone/feel.
    edited August 2022
    Bungle1 said:
    NelsonP said:

You can capture fully mic'ed up cab etc for recording purposes, and that would be better through FRFR, but you can also capture a mic/cab-less version of the amp which you can then play through a normal cab while retaining the original tone/feel.
    I assume this is if you put the amp directly into a separate load box without IRs which then feeds that signal to the cortex?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Bungle1Bungle1 Frets: 133
    mrkb said:
    Bungle1 said:
     can also capture a mic/cab-less version of the amp which you can then play through a normal cab while retaining the original tone/feel.
    I assume this is if you put the amp directly into a separate load box without IRs which then feeds that signal to the cortex?
    Yeah, there is an Andertons video which demonstrates it quite well.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3429
    That makes sense, thanks.
    edited August 2022
    wingo84 said:
    How are folks powering the QC? Just with the supplied PSU? It’s a hungry unit, and disappointed I wouldn’t be able to use my DC-7
    I use the DC-7

need 3 of the parallel adapters and it powers it up just fine. Takes up 4 outputs but that’s fine for me. I also have it powering my xotic wah, zendrive and King of Tone. 
    Are these the adapters you need for the Cioks 7 ?

https://www.andertons.co.uk/cioks-flex-8800-parallel-current-doubler-10cm-ckflex8800?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=surfaces&gclid=Cj0KCQjwr4eYBhDrARIsANPywCip03bhheRbesHk50AAi9mKK-QfRpXu1R3lRVtfDpCXehp5WewPpZUaAuOKEALw_wcB
  • uberscottuberscott Frets: 130
    wingo84 said:
    How are folks powering the QC? Just with the supplied PSU? It’s a hungry unit, and disappointed I wouldn’t be able to use my DC-7
    I use the DC-7

need 3 of the parallel adapters and it powers it up just fine. Takes up 4 outputs but that’s fine for me. I also have it powering my xotic wah, zendrive and King of Tone. 
    Are these the adapters you need for the Cioks 7 ?

https://www.andertons.co.uk/cioks-flex-8800-parallel-current-doubler-10cm-ckflex8800?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=surfaces&gclid=Cj0KCQjwr4eYBhDrARIsANPywCip03bhheRbesHk50AAi9mKK-QfRpXu1R3lRVtfDpCXehp5WewPpZUaAuOKEALw_wcB
    Yep, they're the ones - three of em to power the QC.
    Patiently waiting for the @Wazmeister write up……
    keir said:
    …..In the classifieds? ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

mrkb said:
    keir said:
    Back to the seller, if I go down that route ;)

https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/233457/quad-cortex-tying-myself-up-in-knots?new=1
    mrkb said:
    keir said:
    Well I wasnt far off ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom