Has Anybody used GuitarKitFabric.co.uk for a build?

What's Hot
Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 105
edited July 2021 in Making & Modding
https://guitarkitfabric.co.uk/

Their prices and spec (more so the wood than electronics, I cant imagine they're much cop) seams pretty good, was wondering if anybody has some hands on experience.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6375
    Oooh, some of those do look tempting.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 8076
    Looks like a UK domain for what is essentially a generic Chinese kit supplier.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7343
    tFB Trader
    Who is based in Europe? Fabrik is German for factory I think
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10019
    Who is based in Europe? Fabrik is German for factory I think
    There’s quite a bit of accidental French on the website!
  • Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 105
    Their 'About Us' page says they started in Lyon in 2014. They seem so cheap that I cant believe they'd be any good. Are there any kit builders you'd recommend? I'm specifically after something Firebird based.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17493
    The pics are identical to many Chinese Ebay sellers and the stuff you find on aliexpress 

Price is fine for that, but you may find them a bit cheaper by importing yourself
  • FlipFlip Frets: 68
    edited December 2021
    I recently bought four from them and am planning to start the build in the New Year. AFAIK they're based in France though the product is Chinese - but, so are a lot of Epiphones and others. The quality looks fine and they have the advantage that only the essential screw holes are piloted which is good if you want to mod which we do. The test fit is very encouraging. The routing is clean and accurate. I've built Cobans before (www.rtfact.co.uk) - decent quality in the main except for one disaster, but they're pricey now, even if you buy in threes and fours. The real clunker I built was in basswood which in China means anything you want it to mean. I won't bad mouth the seller because it was cheap but never again. Having said that the neck was OK and the result played well after I installed Axetec pickups but the economy went out the window. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15261
    By the same token, how good, bad or indifferent are the kits from Harley Benton, Gear4Music et cetera?

Pit Bull Guitars of Australia offers MIC kits in an interesting array of body shapes. (Firebird, RD, Strandberg.) They usually list on eBay but may have closed for the turn of year holiday period. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • By the same token, how good, bad or indifferent are the kits from Harley Benton, Gear4Music et cetera?

Pit Bull Guitars of Australia offers MIC kits in an interesting array of body shapes. (Firebird, RD, Strandberg.) They usually list on eBay but may have closed for the turn of year holiday period. 
    I've built a few HB and G4M kits. Bodies and necks are surprisingly good for the money, but I usually change the electrics and machine heads.
  • Last Christmas mrs got me a little Sister style kit from the Fretwire which sits unbuilt mainly as I have two already one p90 1 humbucker

i think she thought it would stop me buying a 3rd as during lockdown I was ogling some of the heavily discounted private builds they were knocking out factory direct.

I am saving it now in case we get a making and modding kit build compo this year. Lol

in terms of a kit the hardware feels cheap and functional but neck joint and other machines wood was fine.