SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Aria Pro 2 II LS-500

What's Hot
Del_PrestonDel_Preston Frets: 76
edited September 2021 in Guitars £
Hi guys,

I have an Aria Pro 2 LP copy for sale...  I believe it is an LS-500, after pouring over the Matsumoku info pages.  There is no serial number on the back of the headstock, and not under the pickups or bridge either.  I have asked on the Facebook page and the theory is that it is likely to be from the early production of them, so 1975 /76, something like that.  Happy to be corrected on that.  Bridge and tailpiece read 'Japan' underneath so pretty confident it's early Matsumoku.

It's all original.  As I understand it it's a copy of the Norlin-era Les Paul, as that's what was being produced at the time, so it's got the pancake body and something of a volute on the neck.  That clearly didn't save it from a headstock break at some point (does that make it Authentic?!) which has been repaired.  The repair isn't the cleanest ever, but it's solid and not noticeable when playing.  Looks like old glue rather than something modern that dries clear, so I suspect it was done a long time ago.  The truss rod functions perfectly.  Since the photos were taken it's had a setup and a fret dress, and it plays great.  I haven't touched the electronics save for spraying contact cleaner, so there is a slight crackle in the switch.  It was a toss-up between leaving it all original or gutting it for a full upgrade on the electronics.  It's a perfect candidate for that at any rate.

Lovely dark rosewood fingerboard, even if the inlays are a little basic.

Pricing these appears to be a shot in the dark from what I've found on Reverb etc., so I'll say £600 £500 £400 £350 just to get the listing posted, but very much open to offers.

Located in Norwich.  No case, but happy to discuss options for delivery / meeting up within reason.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2046
    You might want to pop a teenie bit more info on the sale feller  ;)

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Del_PrestonDel_Preston Frets: 76
    edited July 2021
    Indeed, started with the photo link and, well... premature postication  :s
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Price dropped.  Any Aria experts want to chip in with a price estimate please do...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PennPenn Frets: 715
    edited July 2021
    I’ve known Del for years. He’s a great mate and a great bloke/guitarist etc…  If I didn’t have a Les Paul already I’d buy this one from him.  Have a free bump and good luck Mr Preston. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thank you Mr. Penn.  Price drop and bump.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • £350...  heading to eBay next I think!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PennPenn Frets: 715
    Someone buy this from him please before I end up having to. 
  • Bump