SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn - Reverend Reeves Gabrels II

CleckoClecko Frets: 297
edited July 2021 in Guitars £
Any interest in one of these on the forum? I wasn't considering selling it until yesterday but I quite fancy one of those sparkly blue J Mascis Telecasters that have just been announced and am literally running out of room for stored guitars in our house.

I bought this about two years ago from Anderton's in Guildford and picked up the official, super-sexy two-tone case at the same time. Much as I like it, it's largely lived in its case since then. 

Not sure on pricing - they're not readily available in the UK at the moment with a 3 months+ waiting list, which appears to be holding the price high, but if there's any interest I'll have a proper think and add some photos of the actual guitar. For now:

This is the exact model, colour etc: https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitars/alternative-body-guitars-old/reverend-reeves-gabrels-signature-in-orange-flame-maple

And this is the case: https://www.andertons.co.uk/reverend-two-tone-prem-tscase-electric-guitar-case

Collection ideal and easily arranged in SE London, Central London or GU15 Surrey area.  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 31441
    I was so close to buying this actual guitar...

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Benm39Benm39 Frets: 801
    That looks very interesting indeed. Would love to see some more pics. What sort of price?
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 297
    edited July 2021
    I'll get some photos up over the next few days. I'm not certain about price at the moment. I've had a quick search and there's not much to go on. £949 new, but not available anywhere and ebay isn't being much use - there's only this brand new import listed right now and on completed listings only this sustainiac and this unsold listing to go on.

Any pointers to other good, used examples on sale or sold gratefully accepted. I've also asked Anderton's if they'd like it back as a part-ex for the Fender.  
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3489
    edited July 2021
    I sold one here last year, Orange flame, in excellent condition with a professionally fitted Sustainiac, for £655 shipped. It took about 18 months to sell.

Good luck!
    I sold one here last year, Orange flame, in excellent condition with a professionally fitted Sustainiac, for £655 shipped. It took about 18 months to sell.

Good luck!
    Wowsers! Thanks a lot - that's good intel. I might just have to create more storage space in that case.
    For anyone interested, it seems @Moe_Zambeek is spot on here. Andertons have offered me £466 as a part-ex price based on an assumed selling price of £700 from the store.

The guitar is worth more to me than its 2nd hand value, so I've marked this thread as withdrawn. Seeing as I spent 15 minutes photographing it yesterday though, here are some shots for anyone who might be interested: https://we.tl/t-rhjoCzfMLH