SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Gibson ES-125T 3/4 Sunburst 1968

What's Hot
thinline72thinline72 Frets: 88
edited July 2021 in Guitars £
Hello everyone,

Here's for sale a lovely little Gibson ES125T 3/4 in great conditions with original case.

It's a superb guitar with a lot of character and vibe. It sounds marvellous, even unplugged. I mean, literally, it's like a parlour acoustic with a very charming woody sound. Plugged in, P90 is clear, warm and juicy as it can be.

I think most of us would agree that it looks stunning, but it also smells good! Like your grandma old furniture (which I should admit might not be that good depending on your memories  ).

It's light as air, seriously. It's the lightest guitar I ever had. I'll try to weight it and add numbers, but I'm not even sure if it can pass the lowest range of my domestic weights.

Because of the smaller scale it's very easy to play as there is less strings tension. I even installed 12s on it so bends aren't that easy. In addition, smaller frets requires less fingers stretch, so playing those shuffles in the key of G or A is as easy as in the key of E 

I also think it's a real slide monster as slide vibrato sounds very articulate and vocaly.

The nut width is 40mm, but the neck is chunky. Which makes it an interesting mix: it feels like you are playing a regular Gibson, but you can still easily put your thumb on the fretboard like it's a slim Tele neck o

I'll be honest to say that I personally don't like smaller neck width, mainly because it's now my only electric guitar and I also play on (well, okay, produce some noise) acoustic and resonator guitars. So the width difference is noticeable for me.

The tuners are good enough and stay in tune fine, but I should say that those of 4-6 strings sometimes are quite challenging to rotate.

The knobs work perfectly and they do make a difference! That is probably my first guitar where I indeed use them and they change the sound quite a lot. Which is very handy assuming that it's one pickup guitar.

As I pointed above, the case is original too. Although I cannot really call it a hard case, but it is a vintage hard case 

It seems to be a quite rare guitar in general, only 1582 were made. And from those seems like less than a hundred were made with metal pickup cover.

To save you some time from googling, I bought it recently from the Guitar Village. The original link:
https://guitarvillage.co.uk/products/gibson-es-125t-3-4-sunburst-pre-owned-1968-vg
Here are some specs:
Body: Laminated Maple/Poplar/Maple
Neck: Mahogany
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Fingerboard Inlays: Pearl Dots
Fingerboard Radius: 12"
Nut Width: 1.574" (40 mm)
Scale Length: 22.75"
Frets: 19

More images: https://imgur.com/a/C6Jh43U

Why do I sell it? Well, originally I was after a full-size ES125T (and I regretfully missed the one that @DB1 was selling ).
So I still want to try out a full-size vintage Gibson, and there is one particular out there for sale that I'm very interested in.
So my GAS needs funds, classic  

I might consider trades if you have something a bit similar (thinline hollow/semi-hollow, ideally vintage, ideally with P90s) that I might like more than the guitar I have my eyes on atm. I'm OK to add money on top if it's worth it.

I'm looking for £2000 pounds. I don't think I'll agree on less because than I won't be able to fund the guitar I want and overall I would rather keep this beauty for myself. If the one I'm interested in gets sold first, I might withdraw this little piece of art.

Collection from Cambridge is much preferred. And for sure you are welcome to come and give it a try!
I can also deliver in a 1h radius by train/public transport. As I still have all the packaging material I can thoroughly pack it if buyer would like to arrange the delivery at their own risks and costs.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thinline72thinline72 Frets: 88

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Wow. This is lovely. <3
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1650
    Not often you call a guitar cute, but this really is a cutie. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1117
    DB1 said:
    Wow. This is lovely. <3
    I knew as soon I saw this, Dave would be here haha!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    AlexO said:
    DB1 said:
    Wow. This is lovely. <3
    I knew as soon I saw this, Dave would be here haha!

=)
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks everyone for the comments! It's indeed very cute and lovely. My wife had to hide it in the case the first few days as I was staring too much.
    pre Reverb/eBay bump! I'd much prefer if it finds a new home at a fellow forum member though.
    Now on Reverb and eBay, although still hope it'll find a new home here. Open to trade options and reasonable offers.

Have a great weekend everyone!