SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS :Fender Custom Shop 1960 Strat Heavy Relic - relic haters beware!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7207
    @jacksonunited , apologies for a slight derail but that is such a beautiful guitar, have you considered a high output single coil in the bridge in case it works for you?

You wont have to reroute and if it doesnt work you havent knocked the value of the guitar swapping the original pu back in.  I've got some Bareknuckle Sinners in one of my strats and they are properly hot. If its Ritchie Blackmore type tones you need then they will do a great job and they clean up nicely with the volume control.

Seems such a shame to sell that
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @DrCornelius that’s a fair point - this has supposedly hot pickups, but they’re meant to be hot by 60s standards I believe! 

I might actually try what you suggested 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7207
    @DrCornelius that’s a fair point - this has supposedly hot pickups, but they’re meant to be hot by 60s standards I believe! 

Best of luck , mine was a 78 Strat that came with them in. I immediately went and spent a small fortune buying 3 replacement original 78 fender pickups and never fitted them as  the Sinners work far better than I expected.

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    @DrCornelius that’s a fair point - this has supposedly hot pickups, but they’re meant to be hot by 60s standards I believe! 

I put a Dimarzio Tone Zone in the bridge of my last Strat. I then sold it to my brother, who normally likes things original. But he’s fallen in love with how versatile it is. It’s a cheap enough mod. 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    edited August 2021

@jacksonunited ;;
    Really, do try a Sinner at the bridge, if you want to borrow one to try, message me….

Equally, I love this guitar, shame I cant sell a kidney!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jacksonunitedjacksonunited Frets: 234
    edited October 2021
    Bump - after a few more weeks in its case, I did flirt with the idea of  putting this on eBay, but I don’t use it and for a new user there’s a lot of hoops to jump through
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1422
    I’m not usually a Strat player but I absolutely love this one. Someone buy it quick so I don’t!
  • hyperben said:
    I’m not usually a Strat player but I absolutely love this one. Someone buy it quick so I don’t!
    Well, if ever you needed an excuse etc, this would be the time to do it !!
  • hyperben said:
    Plus i'm only down the road - assuming you're actually in Winchester. The stars are aligning!